Minas Tirith

Here it is! Sorry it took so long. Tell me what you think about the flashback in this chapter and... Happy international women's day! I hope you enjoy! PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3

"There was no lie in Pippin's eyes. A fool, but an honest fool he remains." Gandalf walked back and forth as Tauriel watched from the side, "He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring. We've been strangely fortunate. Pippin saw in the palantír a glimpse of the enemy's plan. Sauron moves to strike the city of Minas Tirith. He saw Tauriel-" Gandalf quickly paused before continuing, "His defeat at Helm's Deep showed our enemy one thing. He knows the Heir of Elendil has come forth. Men are not as weak as he supposed. There is courage still, strength perhaps to challenge him. Sauron fears this. He will not risk the peoples of Middle-earth uniting under one banner. He will raze Minas Tirith to the ground before he sees a king return to the throne of Men. If the beacons of Gondor are lit, Rohan must be ready for war."

Théoden only answered with a signal sentence, "Tell me; why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours? What do we owe Gondor?" Tauriel looked up, she understands why Théoden wouldn't want to aid. Yet she doesn't understand that the fate of men is at state. Aragorn walked forward, "I will go." Aragon said. Gandalf turned around and shook his head, "No!" "They must be warned!" Aragon implied, "They will be." Gandalf leaned towards Aragon and whispered, "You must come to Minas Tirith by another road. Follow the river. Look to the black ships." Then he faced the rest of the group, "Understand this: Things are now in motion that cannot be undone. I ride for Minas Tirith. And I won't be going alone." Gandalf's gaze stumbled upon a certain hobbit. Then Gandalf looked up to Tauriel, "you are coming with me." Tauriel nodded before Legolas asked, "what is the purpose for her to ride to the city of kings."

Gandalf knew what was going to happen to Tauriel, he knew her fate. And yet in some way he wished he didn't, at this point he could only blame himself. "I need her aid." Was all he said before walking out of the room. Tauriel faced Legolas, " we will meet again." Legolas took her hands and breathed, " keep a wether eye." Tauriel looked down to see their hands in perfect mold. His touch comforted her, how lightly he caressed her hands. She nodded before she left the room.

Tauriel ran into the stables to find Gandalf and Pippin already there, "How far is Minas Tirith?" Pippin question as Gandalf walked behind Shadowfax. "Three days' ride, as the Nazgûl flies, and you better hope we don't have one of those on our tail." Tauriel took her horse and climbed on seeing Merry giving something to Pippin. "Here, something for the road." Merry hands Pippin a small package. Pippin frowned, "The last of the Longbottom Leaf." "I know you've run out. You smoke too much, Pip." Tauriel smiled, "But-But we'll see each other soon...won't we?" Pippin asked as Merry backed away, "I don't know... I don't know what's going to happen." " Merry." Gandalf looked at Tauriel who nodded her head, "Run Shadowfax. Show us the meaning of haste!" Gandalf, Pippin and Tauriel road off before Pippin screamed, "Merry!"

In the forest, the elves traveled towards the Grey Havens, including Arwen. "Take her by the safest road. A ship lies anchored in the Grey Havens. It waits to carry her across the sea...the last journey of Arwen Undómiel." Arwen looked into the ever lasting view of green, until she sees a young boy run past. As he ran into the trees, the surrounding forest changes to become a place made of grey stone. The boy runs to Aragorn who lifts him up, laughing and smiling. The boy looks directly at Arwen; she sees the Evenstar around his neck. Arwen eyes saddened. The boy is her son, Eldarion. Arwen looks on in sorrow and shuts her eyes as tears roll down her cheeks. She remembered, "There is nothing for you here, only death." When she opened her eyes again, the vision left her. "Lady Arwen, we cannot delay." An elf muttered before Arwen turned around and road away, "My Lady!"

Arwen road into Rivendell. She ran up, her hope was restored. In a pavilion, Elrond saw her running up. Arwen threw her cloak on the soft grass, "Tell me what you have seen." Elrond closed his book, "Arwen." "You have the gift of foresight. What did you see?" Arwen knew there was life in her future, she always knew there was hope. She never lost it. Elrond frowned and muttered, "I looked into your future, and I saw death." Arwen's eyes raised, "But there is also life. You saw there was a child! You saw my son!" "That future is almost gone." Arwen came closer and breathed, "But it is not lost." Elrond's hope was lost, yet he couldn't understand how she could still believe. "Nothing is certain." Arwen kneeled down in front of Elrond and touched her father's face, "Some things are certain. If I leave him now, I will regret it forever. It is time."