They Never Listen

Small room. People saying my name. Where am I? Who is that? Mari. Mari. Mari. "Marinette!!" A blonde teenager said.

"Who are you?"

"Bugaboo, quit playing! You know I'm the cat's meow." Who is that?

"Are you someone involved in the mob?"

"Um, I don't think so. What are you even saying? We have to go save Paris right now." Why would I be in Paris? I have never left the city.

"Why am I in Paris? Where is Damian?"

"Wait, who is Damian?" This boy is making my head hurt.

"My boyfriend? Damian Wayne. We live in Gotham together and have a little girl named Bliss." If I am not in Gotham, why would I be in Paris?

"You're cheating on me? You have never been to Gotham! The farthest you have been is New York! What are you trying to tell me? This city needs Ladybug."

"Why would Paris need Ladybug? I live in Gotham! These people don't even know me. I-I don't even know you!"

"You're actually being serious. You don't remember me? We have been dating since Sophomore year. Why would you even want to live in Gotham?"

"I do live in Gotham! Damian is probably worried about me! I need to talk to him!" I pulled out my phone to call him but the blonde guy took it. "What is your problem? I need to let my boyfriend know I'm safe!"

"I am your boyfriend! We live in Paris, your family owns a bakery, and I am Chat Noir. Those are a few facts to refresh your memory! Does any one of those ring a bell?" I shook my head.

"Give me my phone. I'm sure he is worried about me. Hand it over."

"Really, Mari? Is that how you solve your problems? You just act as if you don't know me? Why are you doing this?" He was crying. I still don't even know where in Paris I am!

"Where are we?"

"What does it even matter if you don't even live here?"

"Listen up. I need my phone. I will call the police if you don't get me out of here immediately. I can save Paris if that is what you want because I am, in fact, Ladybug. I have never heard of Chat Noir before. If you would like to explain, you may."

"My name is Adrien. I am a model and I am the superhero, Chat Noir. You are my partner, Ladybug. We both got our Miraculouses when we were 13. We both live here in Paris. You told me you didn't want to share a house with someone you aren't married to. Yet, you apparently think you are in Gotham."

"Which I am. My name is Marinette. I live in Gotham with my boyfriend, Damian and our daughter, Bliss. All I remember is being with my family and the rest is fuzzy. I have no idea who you are and I would like my phone back please." I hope I can just go home.

"Give me one second." He held up a finger and dialed a number. "Hello, police? This is Chat Noir. I have a girl around 18 who is jabbering about how she lives in Gotham. Her name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng and I think she has gone crazy." These are all lies! I have never heard of that last name! My last name is Confus.

"These are lies!! He is lying to you!! I do live in Gotham!!" I screamed in attempt to let the police hear me.

"Ok, I will bring her to the asylum immediately." No. Not happening. "Ok, you too, sir. Goodbye." What is he doing? That's my life he is messing with! "Well, I guess you are going to have to live in an asylum for a bit. If you wanted to break up with me, you could have just told me instead of going to the trouble of this. I guess this is goodbye for a bit. Plagg, Claws Out!" He shouted to become his alter ego. He picked me up bridal style.