VI. TREASON OF THE HIGHEST ORDER

I walked into the tavern, wearing a black cloak over my dress with the hood up to conceal the sides of my face

I walked into the tavern, wearing a black cloak over my dress with the hood up to conceal the sides of my face. The evening after Mother's funeral, I received a scroll in my chambers with a forest green satin ribbon tied around it. The scroll with a forest green ribbon was something between me, Thor and Loki that started when we were children. Anytime we needed to send a secret message to each other, it would always be tied with a green ribbon. Although, after everything that's happened, the last time any of us sent one was a hundred years ago. So whatever this was about must've been extremely significant.

Come to the tavern, alone and unseen.
- T.

As I walked to the more darker side of the tavern, I saw Thor sitting at a round table, along with Sif at his side and Heimdall standing behind him. I took a seat across from Thor and next to Sif, before being followed by Fandral and Volstagg. I knew that this meeting was for Thor to discuss his scheme. I overheard him talking with Father about how he wanted to bring Jane to the Dark World in order to lure Malekith away. And although it was a risky plan, it's the best one we've got, especially after Father clearly expressed how he would let Asgard burn for his victory.

          "Thank you all for coming." Thor greeted as I pulled my hood down. "What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death." He warned, which I drew in a deep breath at. "Malekith knew the Aether was here. He can sense its power. If we do nothing, he will come for it again but this time, lay waste to all of Asgard. We must move Jane off-world."

          "The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in the vault." Sif reminded.

          "There are other paths off Asgard. Ways known only to a few." Heimdall explained.

          "One, actually." Thor cut in. All of us let out heavy breaths, realizing who Thor was referring to.

          "No." Volstagg widened his eyes, gripping onto his stein of ale.

          "He will betray you." Fandral insisted.

          "He will try. But I've become familiar with Loki's games." Thor reassured.

          "It only took you a thousand years." I grinned.

          "Shut up." Thor groaned, pointing at me.

          "Well, what then?" Volstagg asked, leaning back in his chair. "Your lovely mortal is being guarded by a legion of Einherjar who will see you coming from miles away."

          "I won't be the one who comes for her." Thor looked to Sif, who raised her eyebrow and tilted her head.

           "Me?" Sif questioned. I pursed my lips, being the only other person in the room who knew how awkward that would be. "Alright, then." She sighed. "And what of the Allfather?"