VIII. A NEW ALLY

————————————————————

hey y'all, i know it's been a while since i've been on a break and i had to update sonority. but i'm back :) anyways i would just like to say, if you don't already know, iduna is now portrayed by adelaide kane.

————————————————————

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

YEAR: 1980
AGE: 15 (HUMAN YEARS)

          The three Odin Children sat next to each other on the couch in the fireplace lounge. Thor was holding a cassette player he had found on Earth. Whenever the princes would go on a mission, Iduna asked them to bring her something back. And the princess' most favorite souvenir? It was a little machine that could play recordings of music whenever they wanted.

          "Thor, I would like my song." Iduna requested.

          "Of course, sister." Thor nodded as he placed the mixtape into the cassette player.

          "Again, Iduna? We play it every time." Loki groaned in annoyance.

          "And every time is better than the last." Iduna gleamed.

          "I can't even think of why you two are so interested in the Midgardian's music." Loki countered back.

          "Because, brother, it is amazing." Thor remarked.

          "I hope to visit Midgard one day." Iduna brought up.

          "For what?" Loki confusingly questioned.

          "Adventure, Loki." Iduna answered with a grin. Suddenly, the sound of the song's guitar introduction began playing from the cassette player.

          "Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong. You're enchained by your own sorrow." The three listened to the enchanting recording of Agnetha and Anni-Frid sing from the cassette player. "In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow." Iduna began singing along as she stood up from her seat. "How I hate to see you like this. There is no way you can deny it. I can see that you're oh so sad, so quiet." Loki rolled his eyes as he heard the song that his siblings have replayed a million times.

          "Chiquitita, tell me the truth." Thor joined in, making Iduna smile. "I'm a shoulder you can cry on. Your best friend, I'm the one you must rely on. You were always sure of yourself. Now I see you've broken a feather. I hope we can patch it up together."