I. GODDESS OF LIFE

she used to be mine by sara barellies

"She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely, most of the time"

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW
HALF A MILLENNIUM AGO

"Just focus, picture the dagger in your mind." The older brother instructed as the young princess stared hard at the her empty palm. The two stood in the fireplace lounge of the palace in deep focus. She continued to struggle as a few seconds passed, until the silver blade finally revealed itself in her hand.

"I did it." The princess brightly smiled in excitement, looking up at her brother.

"Indeed you did." The prince chuckled, proud of his younger sister. Finally finding the two siblings, the queen walked into the lounge with her oldest son following behind her.

          "Iduna, Loki, the ceremony is starting soon." Frigga interjected in a gentle and smooth tone.

          "We were just practicing, Mother." Iduna defended with a smile, before swiping her hand to conceal the dagger.

          "Iduna," Frigga placed her hands in Iduna's and gripped them tightly. "this ceremony is everything you have been preparing for. This is where you show Asgard you are ready to fulfill your duties as their princess."

          "I know, Mother. You've already told me this." Iduna reminded. She knew she already was a princess, she always will be a princess. But there's a difference between being a princess and serving as one. And today was the day she would dedicate her services to the good of Asgard.

"I remember my ceremony, the people cheered with such triumph. It was truly glorious." Thor remembered with a proud smile.

"What our brother is trying to say is," Loki cut in, raising his eyebrows in annoyance before turning his gaze to his sister. "you'll do just fine as did we."

Iduna smiled at both of her brothers. She was ready to officially accept her duties as a princess, but she knew she could do so much more. Thor and Loki were already given their titles as gods. But Iduna, on the other hand, was simply the princess of Asgard.

But she wanted to be more.

• • •