Chapter Two

Before she knew what was happening, she realised she was being carried by a bigger body. She opened her eyes and looked up at her rescuer. It appeared to be a person in all black clothing. The person seemed to glide through the trees with great skill. She looked behind her and saw two other people, one who had just slit the throat of the pearl unicorn.

"No!" Abigail screamed as a glittering liquid spilled out the unicorn's throat. The person carrying her shushed her by placing their hand on her mouth. She let out a muffled cry of shock and looked up at the person, clearly displeased. The person looked down at her. The person, who's gender was difficult to identify in the current light (or lack thereof), smiled softly at her. His (It was most likely a he. Abigail couldn't see a female being this strong or having this particular body shape.) right eye was covered by long, black bangs and only one, shining emerald eye looked down at her. She continued to look up but soon closed her eyes, fearing what was yet to come. The person carrying her and the people behind him were still being pursued by the unicorns. The two behind had caught up and all three people- no, all three bird-people (for they had wings, Abigail noticed now that she looked to the others)- were flying away from the unicorns, trying to shoot them down. One of the unicorns- the diamond one- had caught up. The person carrying her instantly drew a thin sword and sliced through the creature in one swift movement. More sparkling liquid.

"Stop it! Stop killing them!" She screamed to the rescuer. He was obviously annoyed as he glared down at her, his eye telling her to shut up. She clamped her mouth shut and closed her eyes for the rest of the journey. Once she and the bird-people had made it back to a cave in the side of a high mountain, they seated her down on the rocky floor. She fell to her knees instantly and sat down. One of the bird creatures motioned for another to bring a glass of water, which it did. The creature handed her a glass of clear water, obviously not from the sea. Abigail looked down at it hesitantly, but deciding it was definitely water, she gulped it down. After a moment of silence, she felt the gaze of the creatures on her. She looked up, cleared her throat and stood up.

"Sit," one of them commanded. She blinked a few times but sat back down. One was starting a fire, another was pacing back and forth and a third one was apparently cooking.

"S-so...what are you? I mean, you're obviously not normal people..." she started.

"Fallen angels," the one starting the fire simply stated.

"Fa- what?" Abigail asked, trying to wrap her mind around what it just said.

"Fallen angels. You know, angels that were banished from heaven," the one that rescued her said. Now that there was a little light from the fire, Abigail saw that the rescuer had a slender build and he was quite small. He wore a hooded cloak so Abigail still couldn't make out his features.

"Banished? What for?" She asked. He chuckled.

"Trust me, you don't want to know," he replied. His voice was surprisingly soft. Abigail stayed silent for a while.

"Could you remove your hood, please? I wish to see the face of he who rescued me," she said politely. The fallen angel chuckled wryly.

"He who rescued you? You're going to be disappointed."

"Why? Physical features are unimportant to me," she pressed. The angel pacing sniggered.

"Yeah, but this here angel ain't the manliest or the prettiest."

"Shut up, Charlie," he said, throwing a pebble at the pacing one, apparently called Charlie.

"Please just remove your hood," Abigail pressed. The angel sighed in defeat.