Chapter Seven

Abigail awoke the next morning feeling better than she had the day before. She yawned, stretched and made her way towards the bathroom. After showering and cleaning herself up, she pulled on the jeans and t-shirt from the previous day. She'd spent all day in the cave and they probably were not very dirty from doing nothing.

"Now Abigail, that is disgusting! Don't you know clothes get dirtier than a stable after even one day of wearing them," she said quietly to herself in the tone of voice that Margret would use.

"Sucks to you and your rules, Margret," she said, daring to raise her voice.

"I second that," Jasmine said, walking into the room. Abigail blushed slightly and spun towards her.

"O-oh, hey! Good morning," she stuttered. Jasmine chuckled.

"Hey. Did you sleep okay last night? I forgot to give you pajamas but I see you found them anyways."

"Oh, yeah I did, thanks. And sorry I didn't ask. I was just going to sleep in my underclothes, but they were filthy," she replied. Jasmine looked to the ball of scrounged up clothes and smiled.

"We can clean those today seeing as we're leaving the cave. But before, you need to go up and have some breakfast and I need to shower." Abigail nodded and pulled her trainers on.

"Sure. What time is it, by the way?" Jasmine thought for a moment and looked out the window.

"Around, ten. Another thing Margret would disapprove of, I take it?" Jasmine said with a smile. Abigail chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah," she replied before leaving and going up to the top of the cave. Seated around the fire was everyone except Jasmine and Ash, who was busy making breakfast again.

"Good morning," Abigail said cheerfully.

"Hey, you look happier today," Charlie pointed out. Abigail gave a small smile.

"I am, I guess," she said, seating herself next to Nova.

"Where's your princess clothes?" Nova asked, poking Abigail on her cheek.

"Well, depending on the strength of the tide, the dress is probably still on the beach or floating through the ocean," Abigail said to her.

"No, I wanted the dress!" Nova complained. Abigail half-smiled.

"I'll get it for you later today," she said to the girl, who squealed with delight.

"What do you mean? Are you leaving the cave today?" Nate asked. Abigail nodded.

"Jasmine said I could last night. She did say that you guys would watch me though."

"Oh she did, did she? Well, I'll tag along but if you get eaten, I'm not going to be held responsible for killing a member of the royal family," Charlie grumbled.

"Lighten up, she won't die," Nate said.

"And even if she by chance gets injured, I'm here," said Star, intervening.

"You say that now, but next Tuesday we'll be explaining to her father why we couldn't save Princess La-La from the unicorns," Audra chimed in.

"You realize that she's still in the room, right? And to be talking as if she isn't is extremely rude," Chase said dryly. Ash turned around from cooking and said,

"You're quick to defend her, Chase. Is there something we need to have a chat about?" Chase blushed deeply and looked away.

"N-No! Of course not! I'm just saying, she's right here and it's rude," he said defensively.