chapter 1

Notes:

so this is a thing that i've been working on.

this is the prologue, and it's here because this story is quite a complicated concept and there are some things that you need to already know when the actual plot starts.

please bear with me. i will try to post a new chapter wednesday/thursday every week. and i hope you enjoy xx.

EDIT JULY 2020 - the epilogues (yes i wrote 2. one for each godforsaken year i took to upload them) are now POSTED!!!!!!!!! so if a fic rec told u somewhere that this story is 209k, that's without the epilogues. x

: prologueSummary:

Mythology/Fairytale!AU in which Louis is a dainty fairy with a temper who wants to be intimidating and Harry hurts people. Naturally, they hate each other.

(Featuring Liam, the big and not-so-bad wolf who's got a thing for humans, Zayn, a human with supernaturally good looks, and Niall, the cupid who just wants his job to be easier.)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

When Louis is 13 years old, humanly speaking, his mother sits him down and tells him about the world.

She takes him aside after he's done bathing in the rippling spring stream with a couple of other elves and fairies. It's a wonderful day, really, wind clear and soft with sunshine and warmth, gently stroking Louis' honey tinted skin and nipping at his sensitive wings.

Louis likes spring a lot. He likes the way everything seems to be bursting with color, eager after being held down by the cold winter for so long. He likes the way the other elves and fairies' eyes turn brighter with enthusiasm and their cheeks turn the color of cherry blossoms when the snow melts away. He likes the way the waterfalls and chirping birds sound in the evening tranquillity.

He also especially likes to come with to the human forest on the other side of the hole in the big oak tree and play pranks on gullible humans. But that one he doesn't really speak loudly of in front of the grown creatures.

It is this oak tree, that his mother and he sit under when she explains how their world—our world— works. Or rather, worlds. How our worlds work.

"There are not only us and the humans," she tells him. "The nymphs and the elves, the fairies and the pixies, the trolls and the goblins, all the good and all the bad creatures in this forest—we are not the only kind apart from human beings. Our worlds are not the only ones to exist."

And Louis is unsurprisingly quite confused, seeing as he's never met or even heard of anything else, so his mother smiles gently at his furrowed brows, and continues speaking in a melodic voice.

Louis learns that there are several different universes coexisting, containing different creatures who are assigned different jobs.

Firstly, there are the Gods; the Gods of Olympus, the Gods of Asgard, and the Gods of Pantheon—but that's quite a mouthful, so commonly, they're just named the Three. Millions of years ago, they all thought they were alone on their grounds—that their empires were the only ones in the universe and that they held all the power possibly attainable. When these three suddenly grew tired of being alone and wanted to extend their powers and create a new world, and realized there were other forces right around the corner with the same abilities and wants, things got very heated very fast.

Louis' mother gestures vividly as she tells the story of the big war in the beginning of Time; the era where they had yet not served the title as Gods. She spoke about how there were three different willpowers from three different worlds with the same excessively short tempers and intense want of ruling, and how as the leaders for their own people, Jupiter, Zeus and Odin saw no other way than to fight in cold blood for their entitlement to create life.