chapter 24

: chapter 22; the forestNotes:

i wanna apologize for taking over a month to update, BUT i'm making up for it bc this chapter is roughly 13k long. i hope u enjoy and i love u so much

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

What with Liam and Zayn bonding, Louis and Harry are once again left with each other to make time pass.

Not that Harry complains at all at this point. If he's quite honest, he thinks he could probably spend endless days and nights in Louis' presence. Especially here, in the Forest, where small bunches of daisies follow his steps and his smile shines brighter and livelier than ever before.

Something that makes Harry want to kiss him and touch him and maybe wreck him a little more than usual, hold him up against a tree and make him whimper into Harry's mouth and beg for friction.

But Harry digresses.

Louis had directly started walking again, seeming awfully determined about where they're going, and Harry'd just followed him through the greens and the sun, only really making one half-hearted attempt at finding out where Louis' taking them.

"Would you mind telling me where we're going?" he'd asked lightly, raising one eyebrow.

"Well, dear Harold, wouldn't that ruin the whole surprise?"

"I wasn't aware this was a surprise."

"You are now, aren't you?"

So that's how they now stand in front of a huge, loud, crystal clear waterfall.

Harry has seen many things throughout his existence, mountain top views and deep jungles, but he hasn't seen a waterfall this up-close until now, and he finds that he quite likes how small and insignificant it makes him feel. He looks over to Louis and in that moment, they're both small and their problems are small and the reasons why Harry shouldn't allow himself to feel exactly what he's feeling for Louis are so very small.

Louis has a wide, glowing grin on his face as he looks over at Harry to see his reaction. The honey tinted skin on his cheeks grow increasingly pink when he realizes Harry's already looking at him, and the fairy quickly looks back in front of them, presumably to hide the flusterment.

"Listen, Haz, I know I'm pretty but you have the most beautiful oasis in all the worlds in front of you right now. You might want to pay attention."

Harry might, yeah. But he also might want to keep observing the flutter of Louis' eyelids and the swoop of his eyelashes for a little while longer.

God. Imagine if his mom would see him now.

That thought has been decreasing violently in importance to him the more time has passed. By now it just kind of feels like an aimless mantra he needs to have bouncing around in his head, but doesn't actually matter anymore. Because how can it matter what his mother thinks, really, when Louis is right next to him looking like he holds summer in his palms?

(Harry doesn't quite know when his infatuation with Louis also turned him into a poet, but he figures they go hand in hand.)

"It's beautiful," he confirms with a crooked smile, and Louis nods enthusiastically.

"I come here all the time when I'm visiting home," he says. "It's soothing, isn't it? Even when it's full of people it has a sort of harmonic atmosphere."

Harry raises his eyebrows, but agrees. The place is practically empty for the moment, spare for a few other fairies playing around in the water on the other side of the lake, and the sound of water always did have a calming effect on Harry.