chapter 11

: chapter 9; pantheonSummary:

Mythology/Fairytale!AU in which Louis is a dainty fairy with a temper who wants to be intimidating and Harry hurts people. Naturally, they hate each other.

Featuring Liam, the big and not-so-bad wolf who's got a thing for humans, Zayn, a human with supernaturally good looks, and Niall, the cupid who just wants his job to be easier.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Majestic, white, ancient.

That's the first three adjectives coming to Louis' mind when he opens his eyes to the next world. It's not like anything he's seen so far. It's the blatant opposite of Wonderland—everything here is thoroughly and thoughtfully constructed, every corner and way marked with massive marble poles, reaching up and up and into the sky. You can't see them end, and Louis wonders if they ever do.

The few houses they can catch a glimpse of don't even look like houses. Rather, they remind Louis of tiny churches and chapels, all white with detailed handwork engraved on porches and roofs.

"So," Harry starts, blinking a couple of times to get used to all the white. "This isn't the Underworld, it's too bright. And it isn't Olympus. It's not Earth, I'm guessing it's nothing of the Norse, either, because the environment's too similar to the Greek."

Louis is about to ask him what his conclusion is, but then there's a sudden, joyful, and very unfamiliar voice behind them answering in his place.

"Yeah, you're in Pantheon."

Liam flinches so hard he almost knocks Harry over, Harry inhales sharply, and Louis flies a fair bit over their heads, all three turning with the speed of light to find out what creature has found them.

The guy standing before them is blond, short, and most remarkably, the happiest creature Louis has ever seen in his entire life. He's actually positive he hasn't ever seen a smile that unapologetically wide before; not even on himself. And that sure is something. Two small, feathery and white wings are poking out from his back, and Louis almost want to reach out and touch them because they look so soft.

"Hello boys!" the new guy greets them cheerily, letting his eyes scan the three creatures before him quickly. "I'm Niall. And none of you are from here, are you?"

Liam clears his throat, taking it upon himself to explain the situation. Which is good, because he seems to be the one to recover from the surprise first. "Um. No. Not really. We actually, we have no idea where we are, so if you wouldn't mind—"

But he doesn't get to finish his request.

In the time he's stepped forward, opened his mouth and started talking, the new boy has managed to completely drop his dumbly enthusiastic smile and shoot up to him until they're only inches apart. He presses a pale finger to Liam's lips, effectively silencing him.

Now, this is getting a little bit weird.

"You are Liam," Niall declares, and he seems absolutely wonderstruck by this fact. Louis watches as an amazed kind of haze swoops over the boy's features, to then again be replaced with the giddy, overly excited smile he'd had on before, and he backs away from Liam's space.

"You, the Red Queen, this guy," Harry whispers to Louis. "What exactly is this fixation with Liam?"

Louis stops a loud snort from erupting at the last minute, and settles for a pursed smile and a roll of his eyes. "He's adorable, Harry, that's what. Likeable. You wouldn't be familiar with the concept."