Part 10

Two months ago

"Investigators say they have called off the search mission for the 19 year old Izuku Midoriya, they say that-" Click. Kirishima turns off the Tv, he could stand watching that any longer. He was eating lunch earlier that day when he had gotten a call. It was from Toshinori Yagi who happened to be Izuku's step father from before his mother had died.

Kirishima knew that Midoriya cared for Toshinori deeply and thought of him as his own father. When he received the call he knew something was up.

Toshinori had explained that they would be having a funeral for Midoriya next Sunday and he was inviting him. Of course Kirishima agreed and asked if he could bring someone along with him.

Toshinori said yes, they said their goodbyes and Kirishima hung up.

Kirishima grabbed a sandwich out of the fridge and bit into it. He hated his sandwiches, he hated them so bad, they were always so bland because he never asked Midoriya what he put inside of it. For some reason Midoriya always made everything better than him and he missed it so much. He missed waking up earlier than him and walking by his room and his door would always be slightly cracked open. Kirishima would always peer inside to see Midoriya pass, put on his bed with paint everywhere. He missed walking over to the refrigerator and always seeing a premade sandwich for him whenever Kirishima had morning practice.

Kirishima slightly laughs, they were practically a couple at this point. All the things Midoriya did for him was as if they had been dating but they both knew that their relationship was strictly platonic.

Kirishima took out his phone, he quickly scrolled down to Kaminari's contact and was about to press down on it. But then it happened, Kirishima hesitated. He set his phone down for a little while to think.

After around thirty minutes he picked up his phone making up his mind to finally call the blond.

It rang a couple of times until Kaminari finally picked up, "Hey Kirishima. Whatcha calling for?"

"Hey Kaminari, I'm calling to tell you that Toshinori, Midoriya's step dad called recently. He said that they are going to be having a funeral for him next Sunday. I was wondering if you want to come with me," Kirishima says, he could practically see Kaminari frowning over the camera.

"Yeah, of course I will come," Kaminari says, "He was also one of my best friends, I wouldn't miss it."

Kirishima says smiling, "I'll come pick you up Saturday and we're going to the airport. Toshinori said that it would be in Nevada."

"Alright, goodbye."

-

It was the day before the funeral.

It was such a fucking cliche, what happened. When the flight ended they were finally in Nevada. Both Kaminari and Kirishima looked around in awe, this was the first time the both of them had been there.

Kirishima looked outside to hear a loud rumbling sound, he looked up towards the grey skies and knew immediately that it was going to rain.

"Hello Kirishima, Kaminari," Toshinori says walking up to them and giving them hugs.

"Hello, it's good to see you Toshinori," Kaminari says.

-

Kaminari flops down on the soft bed with a sigh, "Toshinori is fuckin rich bro, did you see the size of this hotel? He should have just brought us to Las Vegas. You know what Kiri we should go to Las Vegas after this, we are in Nevada aren't we?"