Epilogue - Rima

3:32 p.m. SWT – 9/15/341 U.M.

I limp through the Atrium back to the dorm I share with Frank, X, and Wendy. Ever since that disastrous recon mission to Distonia a few months ago, none of us have been on a mission. The doctors were able to fix my broken knee within a week, and I was cleared to go back out in the field, health-wise. However, my team was under scrutiny for questionable intent during that mission. Also, I still feel ghost pain with every other step I take.

I know that the mission was a disaster, even though we brought all those crystals back, which now power the CP blaster series.

Tapping the screen next to the door, I sigh. Am I doomed to go down with my team? That girl, Jessica, and her partner, Tess, went to Distonia on the follow-up mission to ours. The MDC went to a lot of trouble to make sure my team wasn't the one to go.

Frank, X, and Wendy are all inside the dorm, whispering excitedly. They cease immediately when I

walk in.

"What's going on?" I ask, closing the door behind me.

"You'll never guess," X says.

"Probably not."

Frank nods. "You won't. The newbies from the Floating Isle? They went rogue."

"What?" I gasp.

"Yeah," Wendy says, "They kidnapped the Earthling and made a break for it. They caused the lock-down for cover."

"I thought that the lock-down was a drill."

"We all did," Frank says.

"Wait, so how do you know it wasn't?" I ask suspiciously.

"Well..."X says, curling her lips into a smirk, "Guess who got the job of finding them?"