Chapter 13: Zenone

She bit down on her lip as she held onto my lapels, I couldn't help smirking down at her. This little spitfire that could undoubtedly hold the attention of every man in a room with her intimidating expression, was looking up at only me, with that sexy little look in her eyes. I knew the only attention she wanted was mine. Fuck, she was something else.

Waking up with her was incomparable, no other woman ever made me want to be with them the way I do with her, but this woman right in front of me, made me want it all. And if I had to spend the rest of my days looking over my shoulder with my gun permanently off the safety, then so be it because a decade without her was already too damn long.

"I'll see you tonight, Mr. Valenti."

I slid one hand into her curls, fisting her soft hair while the other slid down her body until I reached her ass, cupping her full cheek and giving it a rough squeeze. I leaned down before taking her lips into mine, growling as soon as her tongue slipped into my mouth. Her hands reached up around my neck, mirroring that same possessiveness that I held.

Pulling away from her, I took one final bite of her bottom lip before releasing her. Her eyes were still full of desire but I knew we both had a full afternoon today and as reluctant as my hardening cock was, I had to let her go to work.

I stood there just drinking her in with a smirk on my face and a shake of my head. "If you didn't make me take you home before dropping you here, I could have been fucking you on your desk right now."

She raised her eyebrow playfully. "You didn't get enough last night or this morning?"

I licked my lips, looking around before looking directly at her. "Bambina, there's no way in hell I could get enough of you. And speaking of not getting enough, when I come and get you, we're going straight to my house, you're staying with me. I'm not ready to let you sleep alone or sleep at all."

She bashfully looked around, biting down on her lip, "Is that a demand or a question?" I tilted my head to one side before raising a cocky brow at her causing her to playfully roll her eyes and pout her full lips.

"Fine. Now Get outta here, Valenti." She spoke playfully before stepping backwards and turning around to strut away from me. As she swayed her hips, she turned over her shoulder to give me one final smirk.

I responded with a playful wink as she walked through the doors. Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket I pulled it out and saw Aurelio's caller ID on the screen. I slid my thumb across the screen as I stepped into my car, pulled the door closed and keyed the engine to life. "Anything?"

"Not yet, I'm pretty sure your boy is being protected. The files are heavily encrypted, It'll take a few days. We got bigger issues anyhow, shit is going down. You need to get here as soon as. Carmelita was found." Cazzo.

Without thinking I took off, I could tell by the tone of his voice that things had just gone from bad to worse. "Dead or alive?"

"Alive." Fuck.

"I'll be there in 20."

...

"She landed on his doorstep. Not even a scratch on her."

"You're telling me Carmelita Lombardi was delivered on Romero's fucking doorstep? No harm done? Not even a single hair on her head? Nothing?!" He nodded at me and I couldn't help my mind running.

Not that I wasn't happy that she was unharmed but no criminal organisation across the world would give up an opportunity of hurting a Don's wife to get to him. Men in this world knew that our women were our kryptonite. This was now so much bigger, someone had an ulterior motive, an agenda that none of us could figure out.