Chapter Twenty Three : "Promise"

My eyes are in instant tears, as I read over the little message again and again. For a moment I think "Nah no way it's probably another L" but reality hits me like a bus. The title of the song is 1503, we met on March 15th, so that's a date, our date. How didn't i notice this before? I am quick to realise that the song... Is about me?

From all of this I almost forget to listen to the actual song, so I replay it and follow along the lyrics.

"Four months, nothing has gone wrong. Trust me I try to, cause if I could i would"

Tears run down my puffy cheeks as I finish listening to the last bit of lyrics. This all seems so familiar.. Its crazy. Harry wrote this song diracted at me. Just when I thought that he's distancing himself from me, he does the opposite and wins me over with a simple song.

A million of questions gather in my head, this overwhelming feeling isn't stopping. What was the reason of him writing that song, and why did he release it on my birthday of all days?

I'm not letting this go so quick. I wipe the tears off of my face with the back of my shirt sleeve and decide to message Harry.

_leahh_: hey

rainbowparadise1: Hello! :)

Sneaky little thing, acting like nothing ever happened. I'll show you what happened.

_leahh_: okay I'm not going to act dumb here and pretend like i didn't just listen to the song

rainbowparadise1: You did??

_leahh_: yes
And I don't know how to feel about it...

rainbowparadise1: Do you like it?

_leahh_: Harry stop this. I saw the message in the description, the title, the lyrics. It all adds up to, well, me.
I just need to know before I go completely crazy... Is it actually possible

rainbowparadise1: Weeelll, I said that I would give you proof, I promised. And I kept my word, Leah.

_leahh_: oh
I don't know what to say

rainbowparadise1: You don't have to say anything. I understand that this might be overwhelming. But I just wanted to show you my point of view and show you that I do care about you. I wanted to do this before it was too late.

_leahh_: what why are you saying that it would be too late?

rainbowparadise1: I thought that, you know, eventually you'll leave me because of the lack of proof.

_leahh_: you know I wouldn't do that

rainbowparadise1: How can I be sure?

_leahh_: let's promise each other one thing ok?

rainbowparadise1: Hm?

_leahh_: That neither of us will leave, we'll just stick around and be there for each other, no matter what
What do you say?

rainbowparadise1: I like your thinking. :)

_leahh_: great! :D

rainbowparadise1: Happy birthday again, love. :)

_leahh_: OH you don't have to wish me hb again hahah

rainbowparadise1: Just wanted to say it in person, or by text, I don't know. Hahah!!

_leahh_: yeah I GET IT ;)

rainbowparadise1: Hope you're enjoying your day, and your birthday. I'll message you later since I have a meeting now. xx

_leahh_: No worries smiles
Thank you again :)

What just happened... This entire time I was texting, getting frustrated with, flirted with, getting sad with, and fell in love with

Harry Styles.