Mr. Yes

"Please?"

"Yes," and I was given what I desired.

Mr. Yes was the definition of old money. He was old enough to be my own father, maybe a tad older.

I was a college student living off of whatever her mother felt necessary to put in her account that month. A bit of work study was needed as well to live as comfortable as any average freshman in college should.

Mr. Yes found his "baby girl" in the fall during her first semester ever. I was on a very uncomfortable date with one of the university's star football players. I was fresh meat and the boys were testing me out. These were all things I was very aware of. I entertained these little games for the chance to experience the overpriced restaurants around the new city I lived in. Mr. Yes always thought the reason I was at the restaurant he initially spotted me in was rather funny. I made Mr. Yes laugh quite often.

I ended up trying to slip away from the date by saying I needed to use the ladies room. On my way out I was stopped by the coolest voice I'd ever heard in my life, "That's not nice." That was how our first conversation began.

He talked to me until my date ended up coming to look for me and that's how I ended up in Mr. Yes's black Lamborghini for the first time. I was a giggling mess because of our childish sneak away, until I noticed his car.

That was my first time in a Bentley, but far from my last.

We drove around the city so new to me, for hours. The chance to jump in to a random man's car would not sound appealing to most. However, Mr. Yes created an experience with me different than anyone had before.

I was hesitant to leave him when the sun was began to rise and we'd made it back to my dorms. Mr. Yes made me promise I'd see him again and for one of the first times, I'd made a promise that I had intentions to keep. And I did.

Every weekend from there on I was on an extraordinary date. I'd gone in jets, on yachts, private boxes at football games, backstage at concerts, and plenty more. My most remembered one was the first time Mr. Yes invited me to his house.

I had assumptions that there was a Mrs. Yes somewhere, but it never bothered me much. My nerves were racked when Mr. Yes took a turn into a gated community and then into the estate of a gated home. I thought it was over. The voices in my head were telling me the worst. My fear was that he'd brought me here to come clean. I refused to get out of the car which led to a very confused Mr. Yes. He spoke softly to me before I decided he could know.

My confession made him chuckle while shaking his head. He told me that she wasn't there. I was told that she would never be there because they were divorced. I apologized for my behavior and enjoyed the best date of my life. A personal chef cooked for us while we drank wine near a fire pit, outside by a pool. We talked about me that night, and my dreams.

It was also the first time Mr. Yes made love to me. I was no virgin, but I'd only had one or so partners before Mr. Yes. My nervousness probably would have ruined it for anyone else, but he didn't mind. For an older man, he had no problems with performance. He actually brought me to higher places than any other before him. I had never experienced passion like his and I knew that night that it would never be easy to let my Mr. Yes go.

Before the sex I'd already begun getting gifts from Mr. Yes, extravagant gifts like a new bed for my dorm and thousand dollar purses and shoes. After I blossomed for him I began to get taken care of. I had no need for a job, my tuition was paid off, I no longer had a car note because he purchased me a brand new one right off of the lot in cash. There was always an abundance of money in my account for no reason because he never let me swipe my card, he'd just swipe his.

My mother only ever questioned how my tuition was paid off and I solved that by saying there was a grant I qualified for that paid for the next semester. I'd tell the same story when she realized every semester after that was paid also.

My friends noticed more. When my clothes started getting only name brand and I switched out of a Toyota and into the newest BMW questions arose. I shut them down the best I could. They thought that I'd gotten a new job as someone's assistant. It made sense because I was never around anymore. My time went to classes and Mr. Yes. Too bad that wasn't my job. Instead, I was Mr. Yes's "baby girl".

Everything seemed easy until the day I got called to the hospital. Mr. Yes had taken a ski trip that I was not aware of and took a serious fall. I was flown out to him, but when I walked through the door of room 730 I couldn't understand why. Three sets of eyes, not including his, focused in on me. One set belonged to his former wife and the others belonged to his sons. I'd never walked into a more awkward situation.

Mr. Yes seemed relieved once he spotted me. I could feel Ex Mrs. Yes's glare burn into the side of my face, making me drop my gaze to my feet. I was summoned to his bedside by the call of my full first name.

"Magdalena?" Ex Mrs. Yes repeated. I knew a day like this would come, but that didn't mean I was prepared for it. I expected him to address me as something unimportant, maybe even an assistant like my friends thought I was. Instead, he ended any questions with one word.

"Yes," he answered his ex wife.

After my arrival, Ex Mrs. Yes left the room along with who I assumed was the youngest son. Both of them were years older than me. One of the two stayed to explained to me what had happened while Mr. Yes stared and played with my hair the whole time.

Mr. Yes had dislocated his shoulder and bruised a few things. Overall, he was going to be just fine. He was able to go back to his Colorado estate where his family was staying as well. I tried to leave as soon as I was sure he was fine, but he refused to let me go.

"Why did you call me here? Your WIFE is here! Your kids! " I whispered harshly at him as we entered what was his part of the large house.

He looked at me with confusion as he sat on the bed cautiously, "Baby I needed you. You were the first person I thought should know that I was hurt. And ex wife. What's the big issue?"

I shook my head as I continued to pace and stress, "They probably think I'm some -"

"Beautiful and brilliant young woman that I love." He'd never mentioned that he loved me before that. I already had reasons to believe he did but yet I knew I wasn't ready to say it back.

"Love is so final. So serious."