Four.

I didn't know how Katya got me inside a club, in a section of socializing wealthy people, but I wasn't complaining. My white mini dress glowed under the neon lights of the event making me feel highlighted. For once I didn't mind. I had consumed too many fancy drinks along with shots to be paranoid. My brain was filled with music and liquor. Katya and I danced on the sofas designated for our group of people.

We literally belted the lyrics of the extremely loud music to each other as we bounced up and down. If I didn't know Katya prior I would have believed she was just as drunk as myself. But I did know Katya and I knew she was always that lit. I was happy to be on her level. "Bathroom!" I nodded at her short command and preceded to follow her out of the crowd. Thankfully, the restrooms were open spaced and clean. As I listened to my friend tinkle she began to speak excitedly, "Bitch I'm so happy you came out!"

"Me too, I soooo needed this," my reflection made me extremely happy. You couldn't even see how intoxicated I actually felt. My hair was still intact as well as my makeup, which surprised me because I was sure I had sweat out both of them. To say this was fun was an understatement, I was having a complete blast. The amount of alcohol I had consumed had washed Mr.Yes right out of my system. I knew that was only temporary, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

The toilet flushed and Katya stumbled from the bathroom showing me that her drinks were starting to set in. "Gosh it's so refreshing to have a gorgeous friend," she giggled and moved to wash her hands. "Girl did you see how many celebrities are out there? I wonder what the occasion is." She was not exaggerating. Our section and the sections surrounding us had influencers, singers, and rappers sprinkled about. We exited the bathroom to take on the pursuit back to our crowd.

"I even saw Bang B with his new girlfriend. Her boutique has the cutest sh-" my words were stopped by my misstep up the stairs to our destination. I let myself fall because I knew it was inevitable, but I never collided with the hard cement because someone caught me midair.

"Woah that would have been horrible," a familiar voice hit me with awe. No fucking way. The same guy that saved me from the falling comforters held me with a smile,"Oh wow this is crazy."

"Bitch what the fuck!" Katya turned to me trying to process if I had fallen or not. When she registered I was in good hands she smirked, "What a gentleman. You better thank the man!"

I was already staring into his face like a deer caught in headlights. This was a weird coincidence that I knew was going to lead me to trouble. "This is crazy," was all I could say.

"Really crazy, but I definitely like it," his lips pulled into a smirk. "Let me at least buy you a drink, Lu."

Him remembering my name was like a cherry being placed on top of a sundae. I nodded and immediately followed him to the bar. After making it to the bar I realized I'd completely ditched Katya, but I was thankful we were back by her friends so she should have been fine. "What was your name?" I wasn't embarrassed to make it known I'd let his name slip my mind. I actually preferred him not knowing if I cared enough to have remembered. It was to my advantage that only I could hear my thoughts, because I'd remembered his face perfectly and by choice.

"Jude," he leaned in to speak as clear as he could into my ear over the loudness of the club. Goosebumps rose on my skin from the excitement that pushed through me having him so close, "You look really stunning."

It almost angered me how much I enjoyed his words dancing into my ear. I knew this was wrong, but it sure did feel intriguing.

"Don't flatter me," I nudged his shoulder. He beamed down at me showing me his dangerous smile. His chuckle even had my heart racing.