Eight.

"Alright darling," Mr.Yes met me by the lips before I reached for my purse.

My hair blew around my face as my door opened. "I love you. See you soon baby," I blew him a kiss in which he caught.

"I love you. Call me as soon as you land," he waved me off as I made my way to the very anticipated flight.

The anticipation never died down and I was buzzing with excitement all the way up to the open door that awaited my arrival. I was all smiles until a smirk met me inside the vehicle. The leather seats held me next to Jude. What was this?

"How was your flight?" his focus was split between me and the iPad he tapped.

I sat almost dumbfounded by this inconvenience. I couldn't understand why this was happening to me. His persistence drove me damn near mad. "Why?"

"Because that's the polite question to ask."

My hand flipped to my head, "Why are you here? Right now?" It felt like a set up, once again, because of the lack of communication. Why wouldn't Julien mention this?

"If you would answer my calls you would have known a week ago that I'd be here when you land."

We rode with the windows down. The air whipped through our shared space leaving no room for overthinking. The taste of salt kissed at my lips as I listened for the waves of the water we passed. The sun was sitting right where the sky met the ocean. I couldn't wait to be in that same water.

Nothing could take away the feeling of my home after that stretch of time. Jude's hair danced with the breeze, making him feel just as native as my surroundings. The trees of my estate became visible and soon we followed between the rows of palms.

"Lu."

My eyes dragged to the mouth that my name had fallen from. It moved before I could begin comprehending the words he spoke. "Are you listening to me Lu?" I could tell my daze amused Jude by the way his eyebrows rose as he paused. He continued, only after I gave a nod. "I'll meet you back here tomorrow. I'm still at my villa in the city."

Jude pulled my luggage from the trunk of the car before pressing it back in place. I grabbed the handles of my things and looked up at him. This was going to be a long trip.

"Goodnight," my voice pushed out breathless. We'd just gotten alone and I was already stuck. His breath fanned over my face as he leaned in. A hum left me as he barely pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Goodnight Lu."

The wheels of my suitcase drummed over the wood of the porch as I reached my front door. I could see my parents at the table drinking what I knew was chamomile tea. "Hi guys," I smiled watching them notice me in the doorway.

"Oh goodness!" my mother got to me first. Her kisses flooded my face before she held at a looking distance. "So good to see you baby! Gorgeous."

I hugged her tightly and moved to my dad immediately after, "Papa." His arms held me tight and warm. His spicy scent filled my nose and soothed my brain. I loved the occasion.

I followed my mom to my room. It was almost exactly how I'd left it, minus whatever clutter I left from my last time here. My things would go in here until Julien arrived. We'd be moved to one of the guest house. The amount of comfort I felt from being in my home was priceless. This had been missed greatly. My mother sat next to me as I soaked everything up on my bed.

"How is my city girl?" she pulled at her bush of curls to lay over one shoulder. Subconsciously, I pushed my own behind my ears.

"I'm happy to be home. The city is forgotten in this moment," I laughed.