One.

It'd been a week since I had seen him. I tried to drown myself in the work I had from the remainder of this semester. This was the last one until the fall. I thought about summer classes, but Mr. Yes had insisted I give school a break for the time I was granted. School was not hard for me because I truly wanted an education. My work would bring me so much in the end.

The buzzing of my phone made butterflies flutter around my gut. I knew it was him. Since his ski catastrophe I kept my distance. My sudden anxiety from his words replaying in my head made me hesitate from grabbing the device.

"Love is so final. So serious."

"Lu, it's not something we have to talk about darling. I'm not asking for you to reciprocate anything right now," he placed a hand on my thigh.

I opened the message seeing that he wanted me to meet him for dinner at one of our usual spots. Of course I was going to go because I never skipped our dates especially when it was at a place that served my favorite vegetarian dishes. My laptop closed with a slight 'thump' before I moved to my closet. Not even the painful sound of my hangers sliding across the metal rail could block out my nervous thoughts.

Would he bring it up? Was he going to ask me to say it back? Would he fucking say that shit again?

I had to snap out of my childish fears. We were grown ups going out to eat and drink casually like we always did. It was nothing new and nothing different.

The night was cool, something I was grateful for being that these past days were scorching. I drove to our meeting place with the windows down. His sleek sports mobile was seen immediately by my trained eye and I pulled in next to it. He stood beside the passengers door speaking on his phone. His conversation seemed business related giving me a bit of time to check my appearance. My grey eyes looked more gold like tonight. Mr. Yes loved when the golden flakes showed themselves more prominently.

I knew his conversation was over with when my door was politely held open. My hand rested in his so that he could gently help me from my vehicle, "Hello Lu."

I nodded in a form of somewhat greeting him back. He closed my door and placed his hand and on the bottom of my back to lead me towards the restaurant. Yes I had avoided him for some days, but God, had I missed his touch. I felt so warm on the inside.

What I liked about this restaurant the most was its dim lighting and overall relaxing aura. It gave off such a comforting feeling. A booth set more into a corner was our choice. Mr. Yes liked being able to sit right next to me, most likely so that he could easily play with my hair. "How are you doing in these final days of your semester little one?" his eyes scanned over the menu as mine scanned over his hand which moved around in his suit pocket.

"I'm making it through. Nothing too challenging. I have been head first in my studies the past few days," our drinks were placed in front of us.

Mr. Yes put in a request for an appetizer then we slid back into our conversation. "Deep into your studies is always a good thing. I wish you couldn't use that as an excuse to avoid me, but you can so I'll let it roll of my shoulder." I had been called out on my actions which he knew I hated. I dreaded conflict with him because I never won in the end. He always had a point or an answer that shut my nonsense down.

Him bringing this up would only lead to the topic I was trying to really avoid. My mouth made no movements because I had nothing to say to get me out of this. "I'm not going to chastise you Lu. I just wish you'd talk to me before you go decide to put up that wall."

"I didn't put up a wall," I knew I did but what else was I to say. My words couldn't be anything agreeing with his statement. "I was only trying to concentrate on what's important to me right now."