Seven.

My body leaned against the bar as I twiddled my thumbs. Ten minutes had passed with me waiting on Mr. Yes. I was normally a patient gal, but I hadn't slept well the entire night.

"Darling, I am so sorry I kept you waiting," he kissed my cheeks before turning to our unwelcomed tag along. "Ask Jude, they just did not want to let us out of that meeting," Jude's intense gaze on me lightened as he nodded to his father's comment.

"Hello Jude," the words pushed out of my mouth. This was such an unpleasant surprise and just my luck.

He smiled with only his lips, "Hey you." The wink he gave made me want to punch him in that same eye.

"Baby," the word made my focus move back to Julien. He continued, "Don't hate me, but I'm extremely busy today. I know I promised lunch, but I have another appointment in ten minutes and I've got to head across town. Jude offered to treat you to that lunch."

"You're kidding me," he had to be. This was the worst idea he'd ever had.

His hands rubbed up and down my arms in an attempt to soothe me, "I'm sorry baby. I'll make it up to you, but I really have to go." He kissed my lips sweetly.

"Julien-"

"I love you darling," his eyes shot to Jude, "Take care of my woman now." Jude gave him a salute before Mr. Yes slipped out of the building.

I looked on in disbelief, "This isn't happening."

"Lu look-" I cut him off there, with a hand directed over his mouth. His words sparked no interest in me. This inconvenience made my temperature spike and my teeth grind. Julien knew better than this.

My heels clicked all the way out of the large doors. Calm down Magdalena. Someone else looking in may have thought I was overreacting, but I was not someone else. I was Magdalena and I was pissed. My brain was filled with fog, but I tried desperately to bring myself back down. Just as I felt myself regaining composure, I was sent another battle.

"I know he sent a car for you to get here. So how about you c-"

My entire body whipped around as I immediately tried to burn holes into his face, "Is this some type of fucking game to you?"

"Lu it's just lunch," to my displeasure, his face held a cool demeanor, while I began to spiral.

"It is not just lunch!" I hated that I had to look up at him. His eyes dragged across my face, stopping at my quivering top lip. When our gaze met again, my body became hot for an entirely different reason.

Somehow Jude was able to get even closer than we already were, "My dad mentioned your temper but he failed to warn me of the tantrums." Words were lost from me and it seemed to satisfy the big brute as a smirk tugged at his lips. "Now come along," he walked and opened the door to a car I assumed was for us. His head nodded, telling me to enter and for some odd reason, I did.

The ride was quiet. Jude kept to himself, in his own thoughts while I tried not to stare long enough for him to notice. I was very pleased with the restaurant choice and even more pleased that our reserved table was outside in the beautiful weather. The waiter appeared, ready for our drink order. To my surprise, Jude delivered without hesitation. "Are martini's that common in women these days?" I scoffed.

"I wouldn't know. I've ordered it for you before so I thought I'd try my luck," his words made me feel incredibly stupid. I had tried so hard to forget my drunken night of mistakes, that I'd forgotten common fucking sense.

My head shook as I mentally cursed myself, "I'm sorry."

"I can't blame you. I started the judgmental assumption game first," he shrugged. "I was hoping you would let me apologize for that." I made a face. There wasn't much I could do at this point to stop him. "Lu," he grabbed my hand and also my focus, "I am sorry for what I said during our last encounter. I was jealous."