0 | prologue

CROSSFIRE

     "Sometimes the heart and the mind are at odds, and love finds a way to bloom in the unlikeliest of places

     "Sometimes the heart and the mind are at odds, and love finds a way to bloom in the unlikeliest of places. But when the heart and the mind are both convinced that hate is the only way, the battle between love and hate becomes the ultimate test of willpower."

CHAPTER O 'prologue'

' Nobody ever understands what it's like to lose each memory they've at any point had, until they really do

what it's like to lose each memory they've at any point had, until they really do. '

         It feels as though something is exactly at the tip of your tongue, and you can't swallow it. Like a word, you can't seem to build up, despite the fact that you know precisely how to, like the knot that tangles in your throat when you're confessing a lie. That equivalent bothering, when you fail to remember something so significant, that you can't stop considering it until you recall that memory.

     Anastasia could barley perceive what her identity is, or who she was generally. She couldn't recall even her own name, and the unbearable feeling of being unaware took a toll on her.

       She was first discovered oblivious on the shores of Insmoor, that is when an unforgettable journey began. A day-to-day existence, some place where she knew she could never belong, a place— practically only a fantasy. In any case, it was genuine, and it was right there before her eyes.

      Cardan Greenbriar, the youngest prince of Elfhame and son of the High King, made it very clear to Anastasia that she didn't belong among them, that she would never belong.

       She and his inner circle despised each other equally. The people of Elfhame were known for their beauty, cruelty, and recklessness...traits that Anastasia both resented and admired. Mortals like her were considered inferior to the faeries, who were praised for their unmatched beauty and luxury.

The most beautiful individuals of Elfhame.

    Furthermore, nobody would dare compare themselves to the sons and daughters of the High Kings and Queens of Elfhame, on the grounds that nobody could ever coordinate their beauty.

      Anastasia begrudged them, she envied their beauty, their luxury, their lives, she wished to be one of them, as did everyone else. However, mortals were nothing, nothing at all compared to these wonderful Faeries. Mortals were servants, slaves, as if their only purpose was to bow down and kiss the feet of those who care for themselves and no one else.

      There Anastasia met Jude, Taryn, and Vivienne, they were the only three individuals she didn't have to pretend around, they regarded her as pleasantly as she might at any point been dealt with, in light of the fact that Jude and Taryn are much the same as her; mortals.While Vivienne was half-mortal half-faerie, but never thought mortals inferior to Faeries.

Anastasia struggles to find her way safely and comfortably around the Faerie world and Elfhame, but eventually she learns to adapt, and she begins to understand that
Faerie is all she'll ever have,
or so she believes.