awkward

Dante's POV

We all sit on the table and Nai puts the steak and smashed potatos.

We all out some of the food in our bowls and start eating.

Its been like 10 minutes and not one of us has said anything. This is so fucking awkward.

I was about to break the silence but Nai beat me.

"So Dante, how have you been?" she asks drinking some red wine

"I'm good and you?" a small smile appears in her beautiful face while Isaac is just eating the delicious food that Nai made.

"I am fine. How has Elena been?" she scoffs. I roll my eyes and say "I dont know" Nai frowns in confusion. I look at Isaac who hasnt said a word since I came so I decide to talk to him.

"So Isaac what do you like?" he looks at me.

"I like Spiderman, I like blue, I like to play baseball and i like using the computrt of uncle Ale." I nod in understandment.

"And do you have a girlfriend champ?" when I say that Nai almost chockes with her food. And i look back at Isaac the is now rolling his green eyes.

"No. But I have a boyfriend, his name is Kai" my eyes widen. I look at Nai who is giving me the 'you better dont say anything rude to my baby or I will kill you' look.

"Oh cool cool. So you like... boys?" I ask carefully.

"I like boys and girls. I have had two girlfriends already but I just like being with boys more" I nod.

"Oh that's cool. That's great" I look at Nai who has her eyes close and is shaking her head.

"Dante why dont you shut up" I pout.

"Why?" she glares at me.

"Because I said so" I hear Isaac giggle.

"What are you laughing about mister" soon the giggling stops and now Isaac is drinking his juice "Sorry mommy" she nods

After a while we ate in silence and now we are eating dessert. Nai made a chocolate cake that oh god. I have missed Nai's baking.

"This is delicious" she laughs

"Thank you" i hear Isaac yawn and now Nai is looking at her apple watch. She sights.

"Mi cielo is already past your bedtime" she gets up and says "Come on, lets get you to bed" I frown.

I havent spent time with my son "Why dont you let me take him to bed" she looks at me like she is thinking it but finally she nods.

"No I want mommy to put me in bed" Isaac says stomping his little foot

Nailea's POV

I sight. I get close to Isaac's ear and mumble "Baby if you let your dad put you in bed I will take off next week from work and we can go with your dad to the lake house. How does that sound mi cielo?" as soon as I say that his eyes lit up and he immediately hugs me.

"Yayyy mommy." he quickly lets me go and starts running upstairs.

"Come on das lets go" he smiles and nods running behind him.

Dante's POV

I dont know what Nai told him but thank god that he let me put him in bed. He stops running when we reach a door that has Marvel stickers all over it.

He opens it and i see his room, its full of spiderman things.

"I like your room buddy" he giggles

"I like it too, my mommy designed it for me" he throws himself in bed.

I laugh "Hey Isaac. What did your mommy told you for you to agree to put you in bed?" I ask and he giggles

"Well she said that she will take off work next week and we all can go to the lake house" I nod.

"And am I included?" he sights

"Yeah" I smile.

I talk a little more with him and i found myself having a good connection with him.

After he finally falls asleep I go downstairs to see Nai drinking a cup of red wine.

"Hey" I say.

"Can I ask you a question?" I nod

"Why did you left me for Elena? I mean, werent you happy with me? Did I did something wrong? Was it because of my baby's thing? I-" she was about to say something but I cutt her off.

"No bambina, I- I didnt wanted to leave you but I had no choice" she frowns.

"What do you mean?" I sight

I sit in the couch with her and say "Baby do you remember the day of your baby's death anniversarie?" she nods

"Well, when I went back to my house for clothes Elena was in my aparment waiting for me, she told me that she loved me and that if i didnt did what she told me to do she would kill you, and of course I didnt believed her but she showed me a camera in your room and someone was pointing a gun at you while you were sleeping. And when I was about to kill her she told me that if i killed her you would die. So I had no choice but to do what she told me. That's why I left you, if it was my choice I would have been with you all this years. But I couldnt and i did what I did to protect you. And the video was the one time I was with her I didnt cheated on you, hell I havent been with a woman since you left"

When I finished I saw that Nai was crying, then she hugged me.

"I missed you" she said

"I missed you too bambina"