Chapter 1: Say My Name

Athanasia thoght about what Lucas had told her.

The more she thought about it the more hate grew in her heart for the Emperor and Jennette.

At this point she saw everyone but Lucas, Lily and two other maids as disgusting bugs that deserve to be squashed.

Lily has noticed the odd behavior of ger princess. It was even more odd when Athanasia wanted to have tea with Claude.
And what confused her even more, Claude actually accepted it.

"Princess please let me accompany you" Lily pleaded but Athanasia wouldn't let her come along.

"No Lily. Stay here until I come back" Athanasia said as she walked out of the door leaving a worried brunette.

Athanasia had a blank face. As she passed by the servants she could hear them whimpering as she glares at them.

Why would Athanasia glare at them? She simply thought it was stupid that they used to bully her but once she starts to stand up for herself they are helpless.

Athanasia felt the nice cool breeze as she walked twords the emperor.

Athanasia was a little surprised herself that Claude accepted her request. But then again anyone would want to talk after what she put in the request letter.

I won't be bothering you and your daughter. All I ask is to have tea with you.

That was all she put in the letter. It sounded like like the normal Athanasia that wanted Claude's love and would do anything for him to at least look at her.

But she knew Claude would look past that and read between the lines. Athanasia needed to have tea with Claude to conform some information she was given.

Athanasia had finally arrived to where Claude and her are supposed to meet.
She saw Claude's loyal puppy smiling at her. Athanasia didn't think Felix as a bug. More like a puppy that would just follow what he is told. Even if he didn't like it.

"Greetings to the sun of the Obelian Empire" Athanasia said as she bowed.

Claude just gave Athanasia a cold look. As usual.

Athanasia took a seat in front of the blonde man. Athanasia didn't say anything, all she did was blankly stare at the man before giving out a sigh.
"How has his majesty been doing?" Athanasia asked looking down at her reflection in the tea that was in front of her.

Claude stayed silent.

'Of course his not going to answer my question. How rude' Athanasia just picked her tea cup.
"What did you come here for?" Athanasia stopped the tea cup from touching her lips she looked uo to Claude.

Athanasia scoffed as she set her tea down.
"I see that his majesty is not in a good mood today, let me just cut to the chase. I heard that the torture has passed away and none of his children are willing to take the job." Athanasia said as she looked Claude in the eyes.

"I want to take that job."

". . . !"
Felix looked at the once timid princess in shock. Claude was shocked as well put gained his composer back and sighed.

"Why should I?" Claude picked his tea up and took a sip.
Athanasia frowns.

"Like I said. His children are not willing to take that job and it has been about. . .
3 months since that man died?" Athanasia said crossing her arms.

Claude didn't know why Athanasia wanted to do such a job. But he did think this was amusing.
"Fine." Claude didn't think that this little girl would handle all the blood and the screaming.

But he isn't aware of the voices in Athanasia's head. And right now those voices want her to kill Claude. But Athanasia thinks that it would be too early to do such a thing. And the little game she has plane for her family won't be as fun if one of her pawns die.

"Good!" Athanasia smiled as she drank her tea. But once her tongue came in contact with the liquid she was disgusted.

"Bluah!!" Athanasia spit out the tea and grabbed a napkin and roughly rubbed the napkin on her tongue. It was so sweet. Too sweet.

"What's wrong?" Filex jumped rubbed circles on Athanasia's back as she coughed.
"Guh!- what kind of tea is this!? It's horrible!" Athanasia said with a deep frown.

Claude tilted his head in confusion.
"What do you mean? I thought this was the tea kid's your age would like this tea" Claude said.

"This is the tea Princess Jennette likes. I would like to try the tea his majesty is having"

Filex nods as he acted as I maid and got his princess the exact tea his majesty was drinking.

Athanasia thanked Filex and took sniff of the hot tea. It was a nice smell. Like roses.
Athanasia drank the tea and smiled in satisfaction.

She was about to comment on it but decided to stay quiet. Claude noticed this and wanted to know what she was going to say.

"Is it better?" Claude asked as he took another sip from his tea.

"Yes. It tastes like flowers are blooming in my mouth." Athanasia said with a small smile as she drank more of the tea.

Claude and Filex stayed silent while looking at Athanasia in shock.
Athanasia noticed that they were quite and looked at them in a weird way.

"What?"

"Oh no it's nothing princess. It's just that the princesses mother said the same exact thing!" Filex said with a smile.

"Is that so. . .?" Athanasia glanced to Claude who was looking at Athanasia as if she were an extinct animal.

Athanasia set her tea cup down and intertwined her fingers.
"I have a question" Athanasia said.

Claude hummed and folded his arms.
"Do you care on what I do?" Athanasia asked as she took a cookie.

Athanasia was just popping out odd questions. But Claude thought he just should answer her questions quickly and get this over with.

"No."

Athanasia smirked. She stood up from her seat and gave the two men a smile.
"Well that is all I came for. Thank you for your time your majesty" Athanasia said as she bowed and turned to walk away. But she stopped as she just remembered what else she had to ask Claude.

"Oh! And one more thing" Claude frowns as he thought what else she wanted.

"Say my name." Athanasia said in a stoic tone it sent shivers down Filex's spine.

"Parden?" Claude looked at the back of Athanasia as she just stood there.

". . . I want you to think of me and what I have done to you these past 16 years and say my name. That shouldn't be too hard"
Athanasia said.

Claude sighed. He didn't know what this little girl would get out if he just spoke her name. But he did as she told him to do.

Filex looked back and forth to the father and daughter duo who acted as if the two had just met. But his focus was mainly and Athanasia. He has never spoken Athanasia's name out loud. But when he does he wants it to be when his majesty and Athanasia are happy together.

". . . Athanasia" Claude said Athanasia's name.

The wind came in and made Athanasia's hair sway and a few leaves blew off the tree.

Athanasia slightly faced her face to the side and the two men could see her eyes glowing.
"Interesting" Athanasia mumbled and turned her face back to the front.

"Have a bleesing day, your majesty" Athanasia said as she walked away from the men.

Claude didn't know why. But he felt as if he made a huge mistake.