Chapter 11

"Oh god. Another one" a man spoke. Looking down to the body that was covered by white cloth.

"It seems like this bastreds victims are getting younger and younger. And have you heard, her majesty Athanasia has taken on the roll for the investigation"
Another man spoke.

"Really?. . .  She's here" the man said.

Everyone parted their ways to make space for Athanasia and Cassim to walk through
"Detective Cain. What do we have today" Athanasia spoke.

Sora Cain. A young smart man that was not apart of the dukedom, no blood ties to any royals or Noble. And he was loyal to himself and to the people.

That's exactly why Athanasia wanted only Cain to be working on this case with her and Cassim, he won't do anything to mess things up.

And what Athanasia loves most about Cain-
"Your Highness, I was going to have the body be carried to the morg. But SOME PEOPLE JUST WON'T GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE BODY!" Cain made sure to say that part loud and clear.

People took note and started to slowly clear away.

Athanasia loved that he had no filter what so ever. Athanasia smirked and took a glance at Cassim who was amused by the black haired male.

"Anywho. It's nice to see you again your Highness-"

"Please, I told you to address me as Athy. And this is Cassim" Athanasia jesters to the taker male.
"Hello~ I've heard a lot about you"
Cassim cut in front of Athanasia and stuck his hand out with a little smirk.

Cain scoffed in amusement and shook the taller males hand
"I'm flattered to hear that. And Athy had told me a lot about you. . . "

"Ha, well-"

"Is it true you cry when your drunk? A drunk cry baby is what that's called. Right, Athy?" Cain cut Cassim off with his little line.

Cassim looked back at Athanasia who just smiled at him. Cassim felt personally attacked after failing to look cool in front of Cain.

Cassim sighed
'Should have know Athy would say something bad about me!! She knows my type!'

Cassim was pouting now but Athanasia just ignored him and told Cain to go on with what victim they had today.

"This ones from the red light district. No identification yet but he has to be about 6 or 7" Cain  said.

"How do you know he's from the red light district if you don't have identifcation of who he is?" Athanasia asked.

". . . I'll show you when we get back to the morg"

When they got to the morg. Cain told Athanasia to check the young boys nape.

And she found that the boy was branded.
"What the. . . Is this?"

"It's the new branding rule." Cain spoke.

The Branding rule. This rule let's people with businesses to brand their servants that are either in debt. That kind of thing mostly goes down in the sumbls or brothels. Meaning this boy must have been a boy servent in the brothels

"The Branding rule? That rule was passed?" Athanasia questions
"Yes. It's been passed for nearly a year now. You didn't know?" Cain asked.

Athanasia looked down to the dead boy again
"No. I didn't."

Claude was in his office doing his paper work. It seems like his paper work has piled up the more murders there are.

Suddenly, the door to his office slammed open. And low and behold, it's his child that told him off a few days ago. And she looks pissed
'Oh how great' Claude thought to himself sarcastically.

"Here. This is the new information we got today. We will be continuing until Tomorrow so I won't be back until tomorrow afternoon." Athanasia said.
"Are you mad? You look mad" Claude stated as he opened up the file Athanasia threw on his desk.

Athanasia forced a creepy looking smile
"I'm as happy as a fairy!" With that, the blonde teen slammed the door shut.

". . . She's mad isn't she" Claude said.

"I believe so" Felix said. Claude sighed and looked through the file.
'So the one thing these kids have in common is that they were branded. . . I see, so this must be the reason of her anger'

Claude was now getting a headache, knowing that after the case is solved Athanasia will demand to have the rule removed, she'll go to Court if that is what it has to take to take the rule down.

Claude didn't think much of the branding rule back then, which he can take responsibility for. It was a vote amongst the higher ups of the dukedom to decide if the rule should be passed  on or not.

So Athanasia will most likely go into battle with them in court.

Sorry, short chapter. It's all I got