Chapter 12: Another Feeling

Man was this shit frustrating.

Athanasia was getting impatient and wanted to find this bastered who was killing off these kids.

But the fact that these kids were mainly poor or just sold off slaves, was more enraging for the blonde. Because what the hell!? And she thought she was messed up

'You are messed up'
A voice suddenly echoed through Athanasia's mind. She was disturbed by the voice but didn't show it as she was having lunch time with Estelle and Cassim right now.

'Stop holding back Athy~ your mad. You deserve to be mad' The voice spoke.

'Shut it' Athanasia snapped back in her mind to the voice. But it was no use the voice kept talking

'Be honest. Your only doing this to look good for father dearest~"

The voices words were making her mad. But she took a deep breath in and let out a shaking sigh
'That's not true. I'm doing this for the people. Not that fucker!'

It was silent for a quick moment. Silence was supposed to make Athanasia feel calm, but at this moment, not really.

'Of course. . . His feelings for you won't change because you do a lil good. It never did than, why would it now?' For the first time in awhile, the voices said something Athanasia agreed with.

Because, she did her best before and after Jennette came. She had high scores in all of her classes. Was kind to everyone even if they didn't give her the same kindness or respect.

She did everything a father would ask of a daughter. All of that, just for the man's love.

But he was simply too lazy to do that. Well, in Athanasia's eyes he was.

"Cassim. Something has been on my mind, something I wanted to ask you for awhile now" Athanasia spoke, looking up to the male. Cassim nods
"Alright, was gonna ask you something too"

"Oh? Um, you go first than" Athanasia offered.

"Alright. Athy, you said there turned out to be a spy in the castle right? And around the time the spy had worked here as a servent, it was close to the time the killings started happening. Don't you think, maybe it might be related somehow?" Cassim said.

Athanasia thought of it, it doesn't sound like a bad theory, but not a good one at the same time.

It's risky to assume that.

Because if they go off that, they will have to discuss that with his majesty and the Nobelmen.
And it truly was a bother for Athanasia to have to argue with grown men who act like babies.

"Let's put that idea on hold." Said Athanasia

The door opens and shows Ces. Ces bowed
"There is a letter for you Athy. It's from Sir Cain." Ces handed the letter to Athy, it read:

Come to the morg as soon as you can. I found something and it can't be discussed on letter.

- Sora Cain

Athanasia gave Cassim a look. He understood and stood up when Athanasia did. He followed close behind her as they walked out the room

"Mama! Uncle!" A sweet voice echoed through the halls.

The two teens turn and see Estelle. She was in a cute pink frilly dress. It had fain flower patterns on it and her hair was braided.

"Star!" Cassim had his arms open for the little one to jump in. But Athanasia kicked Cassim a little, causing him to be off balanced and fall face onto the ground. Athanasia swiftly picked the little one up and kissed her cheek.