Chapter 10: Let's Go Together

"AHHHGGGG!" One of Athanasia's poor cell victims shout in pain.

"And then he questioned if she was mine. I mean-- I know she really isn't blood related to me. But still! She's my daughter and the audacity for him to say such things." Athanasia said with a deep from as she steeped on the mans back.

"Ugh. . . Please. . . Have mercy." The man wimpered. He was sobbing at this point,

"Oh, you know I can't do that. But since we are on the topic of mercy-" Athanasia stomped hard on the man's ass.
"Where was that mercy when you had killed those children." She said as he expression got dark and cold.

The man she has been torturing for over an hour, was involved with the death of those poor children.

"I-i only buried the bodies! I swear I didn't kill them!" He shouted with tears still falling from his disgusting face.

"Yes. You didn't kill them, but you cut them up in pieces. You cut their heads off. You sent their heads to their families. Tch, some men are truly disgusting." Athanasia spat in the man's face.

She took her foot of the man and walked out of the cell. She closed it and locked it up.
"I wonder how long you'll last. With such injuries." Athanasia said.
She smiled and left.

☠️

"So. . . What is it." Cassim spoke.

"I-i I honestly don't know" Ces said, looking perplexed.

The two were trying to figure out what Estelle's drawing was. Cassim saw a turtle while Ces saw a cat.

"What are you two doing."

The two jumped at the voice. The both look back and see Athanasia. Looking at them with a face full of questions.
"Oh hey~ we just trying to figure out what little Star's drawing is. Since your her mother, why don't you give it a try."
Cassim said, handing the paper to the blonde.

Athanasia took the paper and took a look at it,
"Oh, she drew me." Athanasia said bluntly.
"Pfft- what? You sure?" Cassim kept his laugh in and continued to keep things on track.

"Yeah. You see the long thing right there that looks like a tail. That's supposed to be the back of my coat. And she likes to draw people with animal ears so it was understandable that you mistook it for an animal." Athanasia said with a small smirk. She was not embarrassed whatsoever about the drawing. She looked rather proud.

Estelle, Athanasia and Cassim were having dinner together. They laughed here and there. Just having small talk.
Until Athanasia decided to bring an odd subject up.

"Cassim. Is there a place called J- Jeju island at your kingdom. . .?" Athanasia looked a little perplexed at her words. Not knowing if she pronounced it right or not.

Cassim looked up from his plate
"Hm? Yeah there is. I actually haven't been there yet. But I heard there was a play called 'I am home' that has been going on there for the past 3 years I think. I heard it is a good one too." Cassim said. Not only that, but he heard that the drinks there were to die for.

"Ok, then let's go together. How about it Estelle. After Mommy and Uncle are done with this case, you wanna go travel?" Athanasia turned to Estelle who smiled
"Yeah! And papa too?" Estelle asked with her eyes literally sparkling.

Athanasia frowns a bit.
"Yeah. . . I guess the rat could come as well." She mumbled. But Estelle was too happy to hear her mother say those words.

"Yay!" Estelle looked to her uncle and saw that he had a odd expression on his face.

He was rather shocked. He felt deja vu.
Why was that? He has never mentioned Jeju island to Athy before. So how did she know?

"Ok, then let's go together." Athanasia spoke. But this time she was just looking at Cassim.

She gave him a closed eyed smile
"Let's go together, k."

It felt like Cassim's heart was squeezed and he was hit by a train of emotion.

He started to tear up and looking like a complete baby.

"Wha- oi what's wrong." Athanasia said, feeling uncomfortable with his sudden change of emotion

"A-athy. I just missed the cute and kind Athanasia that's all."

Cassim was hit in the head with a candle holder. Athanasia stood up and huffed
"How are you crown prince of your kingdom. I feel pity for your people."
Athanasia sighed out and walked out of the room.

"Well I think uncle is a nice prince."
Estelle said, feeling bad for her uncle who went from tears of happiness to tears of depression.

"*sniff* thank you Star."