Chapter 2

I opened my eyes and felt the water around me pulling me down. I couldn't think what I was doing, my survival instincts just urging me to swim upwards towards the air

As soon as I reached the shore I heard someone screaming and I ran towards the voice.

Reaching the person who was screaming I was both relieved to see Diyoza and confused as to why she looked like she was giving birth 3 months prior from when she should.

"Diyoza what's going on?"

"Well in case you couldn't tell, I'm f*cking giving birth. What does it look like?"

Okay, she did have a point but I had a reason to be confused as well.

"But how are you giving birth so early?"

"Early? I've been here on my own for three month Octavia, it was about damn time I gave birth."

"Three months? But how? I walked into the anomaly seconds after you did."

"Well aparently time runs differently here. Now shut up and help me deliver this baby!"

🌹🌹🌹

Time flew by and Hope was growing up right infront of our eyes.

Our life was amazing, we were growing our plants, living in our own little world.

Despite that I never accepted the fact that I was not going to see Bellamy again. So I tried to find a way out of there. Everyday I tried swimming down. Every day I failed.

That day I was watering the plants when suddenly Hope slammed into me and we both fell on the ground. Hard. I felt something underneath me hurting me, something that was not supposed to be there.

I turned around and started removing the dirt from the ground only to find a dead body.

"What the hell!" I said surprised and Hope turned to see what was going on.

Upon seeing a dead body Hope screamed and went inside to her mother but I could not help but notice that the body had a suit.

A suit. That was it. That was my way out.

For the time being I decided not to do anything about it so instead I just went inside to eat dinner with my family trying to forget about the suit.

Everything went on normal that day until night came on. Hope was asleep and I knew it was now or never.

As a goodbye I went to the sleeping Hope and gave her a kiss on her forehead but when I went to leave Hope woke up and asked me with a voice so low it almost broke my heart, "Aunty O wait, don't leave."

I wasn't sure what I could say to save her from feeling hurt but I knew that I could not let her change my mind. I had to get back to Bellamy.

"I miss you already." Is what I settled for instead.

It seemed that she was not ready to let me go yet though so she answered with "I don't wanna grow up without you."
I could feel my heart break but my need to find Bellamy was still stronger.

"Maybe you won't have to. We don't know how the anomaly works right? Before you know it I could be back with Bellamy, Clarke and Madi."

"And Murphy?"

I chuckled at that. Murphy was always her favourite from all the stories she had heard from me.

"Him too. All of them. I love you little one. Don't you ever forget it."

With that I turned around and went to grab the suit so I could leave. That was it. I was finally going back.

I went outside to grab my helmet so I could leave.Instead I was surprised to see Diyoza holding the helmet. It was broken.

"What the hell? That was my only way out! What do you think you're doing?"

"Stopping you from being an idiot. Think about Hope. What do you think will happen to her when I'm dead? She'll be all alone and by the time you come back with the others she'll be dead too."

Deep down I knew Diyoza was right but I had to get back to my brother.

Without another word I turned around and went into the woods seeking some time for myself to think.

Then an idea popped into my mind. I would write a letter to Bellamy to get some closure. I couldn't know if it would reach him but even only writing it down would help.
With that thought I went back to the house.

🌹🌹🌹

I had sealed my letter inside a bottle and threw it into the ocean, hoping that it would go through the anomaly and finally reach Bellamy.

After that I was much more relaxed and happy, enjoying my time and peace here.

That night we were all sitting around the table and eating dinner when we heard a strange noise coming from outside.

Both Diyoza and I jumped up at the noise ready to face any danger that came in our way to protect Hope. It was obvious that a noise like this couldn't be anything good.

"I'll go and see what this is. You two, stay here and don't come out unless I tell you so. Octavia, be ready to fight, we have no idea what we're about to face."

Diyoza didn't wait for us to answer to her words and turned around to go outside.

We heard a lot of unfamiliar voices coming from outside and I couldn't make out what they were saying until I heard Diyoza's voice loud and clear, "Octavia you fool, there is no Hope!"

I understood immediately what she meant and grabbed Hope by her arms to put her in her hiding spot.

"I need you to stay quiet no matter what you hear. You have to stay quiet, do you understand? I promise
you, mummy and aunty O will come back for you but for now shh." I whispered putting my hand infront of my mouth motioning for her to not speak.

I kissed her forehead. "Be brave." were my parting words to her as I ran outside praying that she would not be found.

As soon as I stepped outside a few men in suits pointed their guns at me. "On your knees with your hands where we can see them, NOW!"

I knew better than to disobey so I did exactly what they told me to. Turning to Diyoza I gave her a subtle nod showing her that Hope was hidden and safe,that was all that mattered at the moment.

Wanting to make sure that they knew nothing about Hope I asked, "How did you find us here?"

"Well you see, Octavia, you are the one who made your presense known to us when you so carelessly threw this into the anomaly." As the man answered me he waved the bottle my letter for bellamy was in infront of my face.

I didn't show any emotion to them but internally I nearly screamed from relief. I had not mentioned Hope at all in that letter, they didn't know about her. She was safe.

🌹🌹🌹