Chapter 8

Bellamy's POV

I had been in isolation ever since I woke up. I have no idea where the others are. I was worried for them.

Dammit Murphy. He really pissed them off this time. And well, he pissed me off too. What an idiot. I don't blush every time I look at Clarke.

Unexpectedly the door opened and two disciples walked in. Without a word they grabbed me and cuffed my arms.

Being too surprised and caught off guard, i did not fight back until my hands were already tied together. Realising my fight was pointless I decided to try and find information instead.

"Where are the others? Where are my friends? Tell me! And where are you taking me?" I nearly shouted at them.

However they completely ignored all of my questions.

We finally arrived in a room and they pushed me down a chair. They strapped me on it, restraining my movements.

Then they placed a weird device around my head. A man dressed in white came in the room.

When he was close enough I noticed that he was holding a syringe. I wanted to fight, I tried to, but it was hopeless. I could not move away as the man injected whatever was in the syringe inside my own body.

I felt dizzy and the room around me slowly started fading away....and it turned into Becca's lab?

"I checked the rocket, well, it's bad news." Raven was saying. What was going on?

"It's not sure that the rocket will reach the ark if we all go on, we can only be sure for our destination if someone stays behind and does it manually." She continued. Was no-one else confused?

"I'll do it. I've got night-blood, if there's one person who can survive it will be me." Clarke spoke up.

"No!" I yelled. I still had no idea what was going on but I couldn't let her do it. Not again. Even thought it seems like for them it's the first time anything like this is happening...

"Yes Bellamy. No one else stands a chance. It has to be me."

"But Raven said we could all go right? We should take the risk. We can't just leave you behind."

"Let's ask the others then, see if they are willing to take that risk."

"I don't think we should ask them." Raven turned her suggestion down. "Bellamy," she continued turning to me, "I think you should be the one to make this choice. Think carefully."

I didn't have to think carefully though. I knew the right choice. I had a second chance, where things were going differently, I was not willing to let it go to waste. This time, Clarke would not suffer on earth while we lived up in space with no problems.

"She comes with us. If there is a chance that all of us survive, we can't not take it."

Raven and Clarke nodded their agreement with me. Weird. They didn't even fight. Not even Clarke.

I lightly shook my head. I would not complain now that she agreed, we had to get moving before she changed her mind.

So we all walked towards the space ship. Met the others, got into the rocket and started flying up.

Until...

The rocket started running out of oxygen. And it wasn't going up anymore. Just floating.