Chapter 17: The Lady Is A 6 Year Old

Laying down on the monstrously thick branch, I took my time to catch my breath while staring at the sky. After continuous days of just swimming around and trying my luck to go against the current, Dory ordered me to climb up a tree so I could "get more stronger" but really, he was just telling me to do it so I could suffer even more. Spending my time with him as a human was rather exhausting, but he was someone I was comfortable with.

"Tired already?" I hear Dory call from below. Hearing the boyish voice, I frowned automatically.

I jump to my feet immediately while gritting my teeth, "No! I was just admiring the view!" I yell back.

"Really now?"

"Shut up, guppy!" Yup, his new nickname was guppy, and he absolutely loathed it.

"Whatever fatty!" Our arguments last for a while, and because of it, my time practicing is cut very short.

"Argh! Stop distracting me!" I force myself ignore his taunts before continuing to climb my way up.

The critters would glance at me before realizing I'm the same weirdo human who swims in the lake every now and then. I could only move along and mind my own business as they do their own thing. Reaching the top took me at least an hour before I had to climb back down again, taking me less than half an hour to do.

I collapsed as soon as I reached the ground, feeling good about myself and hyping me up in my head.

Ah! I did it! I may have a lot of scratches but at least I made it!

"That was terrible." Dory commented, "You move at a snails pace, I could've gone up that tree in less than five minutes and came down in less than thirty seconds. This is the reason you lack of magic, you can't even..." As he continues to judge me, I ignore him and close my eyes. I was drained of energy and it seemed as if it'd take me a lot more time to regain it all. Seeing as if I was too tired to argue, Dory sighed loudly and stopped talking. I didn't bother with his dramatic self and continued to control my breathing. My eyes suddenly shot open when I felt myself being picked up.

"Hey!" I gasped as I was swung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Shush! It's getting late, your servants will go berserk if they find out you're missing again. We should head back." He says. I look around and surely enough, the sun was starting to set, creating a pinkish orange sky, "You can continue tomorrow." He assured me. I kept my mouth shut and let him carry me back to the manor. It took a while but we managed to get back to the wall. He set me on my two feet when I told him I was fine and looked at the hole that allowed me to sneak off.

"Alright, I'll be going home now." With that, he turned around.

"Wait!" He stopped and turned around with a raised brow, "I'll be a bit busy tomorrow to go to the lake, so you don't have to wait for me or anything."

He gives me a blank stare, "Whatever." I glare at him as he turns back around without a care and goes on his merry way.

Wow, not even going to ask why? Fine, be that way!

I crawled through the hole, my surroundings changing as I enter back onto the grounds of my home.

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

The sky was clear, the tables were set, the decorations were up, and I sat with a huge smile on my face.

"Happiest birthday, my Lady!"

"Oh, my Lady's growing up so fast!"

"Soon, you'll be a beautiful woman!"