Chapter 18: The Second Prince Is A Monster

'Throughout my time with the First Prince, I have trained him and watched him very closely. I haven't gotten very far with becoming close enough for his guard to be lowered, but I had seen some small changes in his behavior as of late. He converses with the Dukedom guards willingly as well as being the first to initiate exchanges with me. Although they are strictly for his training and skills, he would show some interest in the subjects and would be less difficult to cooperate with. His magic has improved and is on par with the strength of the third son of the Ghalad Household. The spar between the two ended within 16 minutes 29 seconds with a tie as the end result. Magic affinity includes phasing, marking, and hypersenses. Further training is required to provide necessary improvement. Interaction with others in similar age groups as well as education from outside is highly important for the princes growth. If it pleases you or not, it is my final evaluation and my final conclusion. I'll leave you with deciding.

~Duke Vasilis'

Starlites! Is he serious?

I folded the letter back up, opening the drawer on my right. I slipped it inside and closed it, locking the letter away with the key that I hid around my neck. The letter, like the last ones, were left with the same conclusion that the Duke left.

Enrolling Alastair into Rose Quartz Academy.

I didn't like the idea of having my firstborn outside of the palace where I couldn't keep an eye on him, but I understood why Evander suggested such a thing. He needs to learn to socialize and build his skills through classes with kids like him. I never meant to burden him with going through such hardships but it was necessary if he were to fulfill his role in the future. I should allow him to act his age for once.

Hopefully, it's not too late for that.

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

"You want me to what?" I stare at my mentor in disbelief. His rather expressionless face is fixed into a rather stern yet relaxed look.

"You heard me."

I frown deeply, "Yes, I heard you but what I don't get is why? Why am I only hearing about this now?" I watch as he drinks his tea leisurely before answering slowly.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now, it's the best course of action for you to grow into your full potential." His words make me pause.

He's not getting rid of me?

No! Don't think that way!

Stop it!

After a few seconds of silence, I nodded.

"Does father agree with this?" I ask lowly before drinking the tea.

"Your father supports this idea, he's looking forward to seeing your results." The words surprise me a bit. I look up to see him flipping through some pages of a book and taking notes here and there. The thought of my father attending to something for me made me a bit happy. But only a bit. What I was truly curious about was if the Duke would attend as well.

"Are you going?" I ask as he flips a page.

The Duke would be there to witness my results as well right? He was my teacher after all and would see through the results brought by my progress.