XIII

"Seems things are working as you wanted?" Hades asked Athena.

Athena smiled villainously, "Of course. They're just getting more and more separated by the day. Honestly, it seems things weren't that special between them for Taehyung to believe what I said so easily."

Hades side eyes her, "Don't say that. I know you did something else to him. You didn't just lie your way through it."

"I don't know what you mean." Athena shrugs.

"I'm saying—I noticed one of my bottled elixirs missing a few days ago." Hades says. "You must be really stupid and desperate to take a random elixir and use it on your son. What if it had killed him? Made him into a snake like Medusa? Did you not think of the risks before feeding it to him?"

"Uhm, no not really." She hums, "Don't really care about that enough. Honestly, it would be easier to just do things myself. It'd take less time first of all, and it would be easier if I did it. But, if people found out about this, i'd probably be kicked out of Olympus and be forced to be here with you."

"Is it really that bad here? I enjoy it quite very much." Hades asked, pretending to be offended.

"Well, for your standards this is very fine. But, alas, your bar is very low when it comes to that."

"Then do things yourself! What are you gaining from waiting around?" Hades said, ignoring her previous comments.

"I want to see that scum feel pain. I can easily kill him, but a slow burn will be better. More traumatic. Especially from someone you thought was once your friend." Athena smiled.

Hades sighed, "If you say so. Honestly, you're way too dark minded to be a goddess. When will people see past your mask? And, for the record, if you were sent here, you'd be with everyone else. Not up here with me. You're here because you haven't been kicked out of Olympus, yet. But I wonder why Zeus hasn't noticed. Maybe if someone told him—"

"Who's side are you on exactly?" Athena asked, getting annoyed by him.

"No one's side. I don't get any benefits neither from you or from him. I'm just sitting here and watching the drama unfold. It's interesting seeing Medusa's son worried for your son. And your son...ha!" he laughed, "No matter what kind of elixir you gave him, it seems his kind nature, which is completely opposite from you, is stronger. Just a few days ago, he was following Seokjin and his friend around."

Athena's hand tightened around the arm chair. "What are you saying?"

"Mhm, so you thought just an elixir was going to work greatly against him? Haha, nope. Plus, I never just leave my strongest elixirs hanging around in the open. For one of those, you'd have to go to my sister, and you know she isn't a people person. So, if I were you, i'd give up on whatever revenge plan you may have."

"Pandora will listen to me." Athena said, getting up. She took a few steps forward before being stopped by a sword in front of her neck.

Hades chuckled, "No can do. No one goes behind my back without my permission." he gets up and stands in front of her, dragging the sword against her neck, making her gulp and. break a sweat.

"It seems you've overstayed your visit; you're getting very comfortable here. A little too comfortable for my liking. You may have a greatly significant amount of power in Olympus, but that power diminishes greatly once you enter the Underworld. Don't forget my power. You may think i'm just a stupid ass who was banished here by Zeus; but you, Zeus, Poseidon, and I are the ones who govern the most. Poseidon in the Sea, Zeus in the sky, Athena in the Earth, and Hades in the Underworld. Don't make me destroy your precious Earth which you've vowed so greatly to protect."

He drew back his sword, "Now, please leave."

***

Seokjin laid down on the grass, an arm behind his head and the other resting on his stomach. He closed his eyes breathing in the scent of the incoming Spring. The flowers where blooming beautifully, filling the air with their scents. The scent of the roses reminded him of his first encounter with Taehyung. When he had defended him in front of Jungkook. Who would've thought? He was now closer to Jungkook than Taehyung.

It had been a few weeks since they had had their argument. They had even completed their project. Taehyung had ended up giving a solo presentation and project. And during his entire time in front of the class, Seokjin looked down at his notebook, faking to be so immersed in his homework. Jungkook and Hoseok noticed his change, even though Seokjin had said it didn't bother him as much.

And Seokjin himself knew he was lying. Lying to himself and lying to everyone else.

But how could he be honest? When Taehyung looks unaffected. Acts like they're complete strangers who had never even talked. Acts like Taehyung wasn't the first person Seokjin spoke to when he had arrived. He opened his eyes, sitting up.

The sky was now suddenly cloudy. Gray clouds covered the once bright sun. He sighed as he got up; he had been outside, alone, the entire day. He was thankful it was the weekend and that he could take a day off. But, he'd eventually have to re-enter society at one point. He began walking back inside, but was startled when the door swung open, almost hitting him in the face.

And even more startled when he saw Taehyung's surprised face. He gulped, his eyes widening before going to normal. Taehyung did the same, almost frozen in shock. Seokjin stepped aside to let him walk back, making Taehyung break out of his trance-like state.

He looked down and walked past him, not even sparing a glance back. Seokjin looked at his retreating figure before going inside. Meanwhile, Taehyung hid behind a tree, leaning his back against it. He touched his chest, feeling a pulling sensation from his heart.

"What is this?"

____

•••

i was fixing up the storyline so that's why it took me a bit to update, but i'm glad i was able to update none the less💜