IX

"Huh?!?!" Seokjin exclaimed, looking at the male as if he'd gone crazy.

"Those thorns wrapped around your leg have poison on the ends. They've been digging into your body, depositing the poison." he said, a wicked grin on his face.

Seokjin frowned and looked down. He kicked the thorns off in one try, enjoying the shocked look on the blonde's face. "I knew something was suspicious the moment I saw the thorns. I made my leg turn into stone on it's own so, if your poison went anywhere, it went to my pants. And..."

He opened his backpack and took out a pair of scissors. He cut the entire legs of his pants off, making them into shorts. He got up and smiled at the other. "Sorry but if you'll want to kill me, you're going to have to try harder than that, Athena."

The man looked shocked, "Athena?"

Seokjin looked back and smiled, one of his eyes flashing green, "I felt you're presence. I don't know what you want from me, but you aren't going to get rid of me so quickly." He walked away, enjoying the angry look the Goddess gave him, watching as she disappeared into a puff of black smoke.

****

"I thought you said he wasn't going to be able to tell it was me! You jerk!" Athena screamed, looking up at Hades who sat on his throne.

Hades snorted, "I said it was sure to work, but that we were at a disadvantage. The disadvantage was that we didn't know the powers the young man has."

Athena scoffed, "That little son of a bitch. I guess this is going to be harder than I thought. Oh well, I guess i'll have to use my own tricks." she smirked.

"What's your deal with him anyway? He didn't do anything to you." Hades asks, resting his chin on his palm.

"Anyone who carries the blood of that whore deserves death. He would've been fine as long as he didn't show up here. Now he's being let into Olympus? What kind of things are passing through Zeus' and Poseidon's heads? And yours as well!" she screamed, glaring at him.

Hades got up, "Quiet down, you loud mouth. These people may be dead but having to listen to your yelling is worse than living in the Underworld. Listen, shut up, and if you think this is all because of me, go back to your precious little garden and take care of your own son, because it looks like he might also fall for Medusa."

"What are you saying now?! My son would never fall in love with that bastard." Athena sneered.

"Hmm, so then, shall we see?" he asked. With the movement of his hand, a crystal ball appeared, showing them a perfect view of Seokjin and his friends.

"What happened to your pants?" Taehyung asked, looking at his cut off shorts.

Seokjin rubbed the back of his neck, "Ah, they got dirty and I decided to take the chance and make them into shorts." he said, reaching down and cuffing the ends to make them look nicer.

Taehyung frowned, "You could've asked one of us for a pair."

Seokjin smiled slightly, "Thank you, but I didn't want to be a bother."

Jungkook put his arm around Seokjin's shoulders, "Oh, i'm sure Taehyung wouldn't mind you troubling him. Isn't that right?" he asked, smirking at Taehyung.

Taehyung looked away to hide his small blush, "I don't know what you're talking about...idiot. Just shut up, you're annoying."

Jungkook laughed, Seokjin blushing slightly.

"That's enough!" Athena said, looking away in anger.

Hades cackled, "Looks like he is already wrapping him up his finger. Seokjin is quick."

Athena slaps the back of his head harshly, "I said to shut up!" She walks away, teleporting out the Underworld and going back to Olympus.

She looks at herself in front of the mirror, "Looks like dear Taehyungie needs some reprimanding."

She grabs her cellphone, dialing a number she hadn't called in a very long time.

"Hello, Mother. Is something wrong?" Taehyung asked.

"I need you to come here today after school." she said, trying her best not to sound annoyed.

"Uhm, I don't know if I can. I have to meet up with some of my classmates to work on a group project." Taehyung said, looking back at Seokjin and Jungkook who looked at him curiously.

"Your work can wait, come here this afternoon. If needed, I will personally send a letter to your teacher and make him extend the due date. Taehyung, this isn't a choice, i'm telling you to come here after school." she said, her voice as cold as ice.

Taehyung looked to the side, "Alright, but there's no need for all that extra stuff. I will be there in a bit. Goodbye." he said, hanging up and putting his phone back in his pocket.

"What happened?" Seokjin asked first.

Taehyung sighed, "My mother wants me to go visit her. She lives almost an hour away from here."

"Oh, well you can go and Jungkook and I will begin to work on the presentation." Seokjin said.

Taehyung wanted to be with them too, but he had to go somewhere else. "Okay, sounds good. I will see you tomorrow in class." he said, turning around and leaving the campus.

An hour later, he was standing in front of his childhood home. It was still standing bright and fancy, but it was lonely. Lonely and cold looking. He walked inside. It was quiet, so quiet you'd be able to hear a penny dropping from the second floor. He walked around until he was outside his mother's office.

He knocked slightly before receiving a faint "come in!" from the other side of the door. He breathed out nervously before opening the door and walking in. "Hello Mother." he said, sitting in a chair in front of her desk.

Athena turned around in her chair, her hands clasped on top of her crossed legs. "It's been a while, Taehyungie. I didn't think i'd have you reprimand you at such a grown up age. You didn't even cause this much trouble when you were younger."

"Trouble? Did I do something wrong?" he asked, genuinely confused. Well he had been missing his lectures sometimes, on purpose. Also might've ran away from his duties as son of Athena. Is that what she called him here for?

"It seems to me you've been hanging out with Medusa's son. Let me see if I remember correctly was his name, Kim Seokjin?" she said, looking at him curiously. She smiled slightly, "Well, telling from your reaction I guess I hit the right spot. So, care to explain your sudden interest in him?"

___

•••

the story is finally moving along ^^ 💜