Chapter 2

Sarada kept her eyes around as her teammates went to complete their parts of the mission. Subtly trying to scan the room, she ran her dark eyes over every person she saw....more so their shoes.

One pair caught her eyes, however, neon lime green boots. Not very subtle, Sarada thought.

"Guys, eyes on the target," Sarada comm-ed the team through their earpieces as she faced away from the group, "When Lady Tsunade said green boots, I thought she meant snake skin or something, not some Winx Club shit." She could hear Chocho and Sumire laugh through her comms as she continued to look around. Oh fuck.

She caught sight of a few men with bulges in their suits around each of the entrances and exits. They're armed. A lot of them.

"I spot enemy agents... they're surrounding the perimeter ," She sighed exasperatedly.

This was a drag. Although it was expected. Missions like this almost never went quiet, always leaving a mess.

"It's fine, I'll get the package and escort it to the rendezvous point in 10 minutes. "

"I'm almost in the technological department."

"Preparations for eliminating the snipers are in place."

She turned back around, her trademark smirk on her face, sashaying towards the treats table, making her way towards the target and the package. She stared at the vanilla cupcakes that were practically begging her to eat them.

"The vanilla cupcakes are good, but I personally prefer the macarons," Sarada froze at the sound of the husky voice, before relaxing. She glared daggers through the red velvet cake that occupied her sight. Her fingers twitched for her kunai, strapped directly to her, but her hand retracted.

She forced a giggle, "Really? I thought this cake looked divine."

She turned around, strategically dropping her hand near her dagger, for easier contact if necessary.

She was met with pretty blue eyes, a scar running down one of them. His blonde hair wasn't slicked back, but instead looked natural, fluffy. He looked down at her, as if he was burning her into his memory.

"Personally..." He said, his alluring lips turned upwards, "I think you look more divine.

Her eyes widened at his sudden, but charming comment, "Slick." She praised. She knew all about charisma. Hell, she'd had to use the trait herself more than enough to get an assignment done. No matter how...absolutely gorgeous this man was, she kept her guard up.

She raised her eyebrow, a smile tugging at her lips as he slightly backed up, reaching out his hand, "Boruto Uzumaki."

"Sarada Uchiha."

She smiled at the...insanely attractive face in front of her as she took his hand, mocking a bow.

Wait. Uzumaki. She's heard that name before. As if he were reading her mind, he smiled.

They looked up as they heard classical music play through the band on the stage. He looked back at her - looking down on her actually, as she realized their height difference as they got closer.

"May I have this dance, Uchiha?" Despite the charismatic smile on his face, she didn't miss the venom he put on her name.

"Sure thing, Uzumaki."

....

Sumire tried to sneak past the security guards as nonchalantly as she possibly could, which for Sumire, was a... troubling attempt. Her awkward smile and bow towards the guards was... unconventional to say the least, but she had a gun and a taser for a reason.