21

Grace's age update: 17

"So, It's almost time for the dance." Jamie pointed out at school, "You're all still going, right? Don't you dare drop me on number 99!"

Since the school announced that there will be a formal dance this year, Jamie couldn't stop talking about it. 90% of our conversations had the subjects of dance, or dress, or date in them. I would've never guessed that the hippie friend I had was so interested in formal dances like this one. She was so excited, I just had to say yes when she asked me to come.

"James, you know I hate dresses." Kit grumbled.

Note, she was in a mood again. I was almost sure she was worse than Caius on his good days. Last week she was like a female tiger in heat. No touching her, no talking to her, don't even look at her. When I finally gathered enough courage to ask her what's wrong, I found out her pet turtle went missing in her big house and she couldn't find it. That's how I made her the promise to assemble a search party (actually just me, Jamie, Mikey and Cory) and turn her house upside-down until we find little Tony. We eventually found him in one of Kit's mom's fake flower pots.

To celebrate finding the turtle the next day at school, Cory's mom packed us a large bag full of cupcakes and brownies. However, we were casually celebrating in the hall, when a vision, no, a dream passed us. I remembered it like it was yesterday...

The whole hallway fell into silence as a tall blonde guy strolled down the hall, backpack casually slung over his shoulder, Ray-Bans covered his eyes, earphones popped in his ears, and just by looking at his lips, curved into a smirk, made my stomach do flips. Oh man, those broad shoulders, those thighs through his skin-tight jeans, and even though he was wearing a hoodie, I could clearly tell he has a six-pack on that beautiful body of his.

"Oh, mama." I remembered Jamie swooning, "Wonder whose creation that is."

"I would lick ice cream off of him." Kit agreed immediately.

I couldn't utter a word that moment. The guy stopped and readjusted his shades, and for those three short, precious seconds, we made eye contact. He winked at me and flashed me one of the brightest white smiles I've ever seen. Oh, my restless soul, I was in deep.

"Mikey, I need a name, an address, schools, and hobbies, everything you can find on him." Jamie ordered her brother, "Go!"

It turned out his name's Caiden Ross. He's a transfer student and also a football player, a model for several underwear brands (Jamie drooled after watching the commercials), and his hobbies included photography, sports, and surfing. It was a perfect catch. Mikey also said that he'd date this Caiden dude if he wasn't so awfully manly and masculine - note that he was talking about himself. But in the meantime, he's still obsessing over Evelyn James. Anyway, back to the present...

"You think Caiden will have a date for the dance?" Jamie asked nonchalantly,

"Not as if he'd struggle getting one. The girls are waiting in lines to date him, literally."

We stopped when seeing a literal line of girls standing across from Caiden's locker, blocking his path. I frowned when noticing how slightly uncomfortable he looked. Shouldn't he like all the attention he's getting from the girls?

"I'll be right back." I told the others and marched over to the tall glass of blonde water.

Effortlessly, I pushed my way through the flirting girls and pulled Caiden's beanie off his head, throwing it at my group of friends. Cory caught it first.

"The first one who gets Caiden Ross' beanie wins a free date with him!" I yelled over the noise.

Like one man, or woman, the girls chased after Cory, who had to run for his life and sanity. While they were distracted, I pulled Caiden with me until we've found an empty class. He closed the door and exhaled slowly.