S n o w d r o p s

Song for chapterHoney Honey ~ ABBA

Song for chapter
Honey Honey ~ ABBA

***

Stood in the back of Tomes and Scrolls Bookshop was a tall man. He held his head low, eyes skimming the rows of old, new and everything in between; the books varied in colour- from vicious reds to regal blues. Knowledge from all corners of the map; mainly wizard books but some classic muggle tales ended up on the shelf of Hogsmeade's very own specialist bookstore. 

"Can I help you?" A voice asked from behind the small counter. It was worn, well traveled and kind. The type of voice one would associate with a grandfather, slightly tired and well exercised, yet still full of the remnants of a celebrated life.

"Oh... no no I'm just browsing thanks." The young man said, looking up from the copy of the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn he was holding to meet the eyes of the shop owner.

The man was of a good age, no older than Dumbledore of course. His silver hair wild and untameable; the sparkle in his gentle eyes still shined despite the wire glasses that sat on his nose. He offered a pleasant smile then returned to his work - which seemed to be enjoying a cup of tea whilst re-shelving the children's section with a flick of his wand.

The chime of a bell signalled that someone had entered the small, mishmash store. Dressed in a navy duffle coat, striped jumper and scuffed shoes Madeleine Morrison entered the shop, she shuddered at the cold; feeling quite glad to be away from the January weather. As she walked down the row of bookshelves her heart rate quickened, her fingers tracing the shelves edge mirrored the increasing swelling in her stomach. She was nervous, to say the least. She'd been overthinking this moment since the owl had arrived on Tuesday and as her legs carried her further down the rows of stories,  she felt less and less confident in her decision to come.

"You made it." A voice said, drawing Madeleine out of her troubles.

"Hi."

Bill Weasley was visiting from Egypt. He was only home for a few days, but had made the effort to come see his friend. To be honest Bill wasn't completely sure what he was doing there, sneaking around Hogsmeade to meet up with a younger girl, he tried to reassure himself that there was nothing wrong with being friends with Madeleine; but the squeeze of his heart was hard to ignore.

That familiar blush crept onto Madeleine's cheeks, awkwardness settled but would soon depart. The pair made their way further into the atmospheric shop, exchanging those polite pleasantries that made you cringe. Madeleine took a seat in a chocolate armchair, sinking into its comfort.

"So, em... Egypt..." she began, staring down at her fidgeting fingers.

"It's great." Bill filled in, smiling at her shyness. "I go back tomorrow, but I'm hoping to make it back for the final task... to uh cheer Harry on."