A f t e r p a r t y

Song for ChapterChasing Pavements ~ Adele

Song for Chapter
Chasing Pavements ~ Adele

***

The first thing Portia noticed when she woke up was that she wasn't in her own bed. In place of her usual blue and bronze silk sheets were red ones, they felt thicker and the fabric was less soft. The pillows were in the wrong position and the mattress felt strange.

The second thing she noticed was that she wasn't alone. To her right was a person, a person from what she could gather, didn't have clothes on. She hadn't even reached the realisation she wasn't wearing clothes either - that was until she stood up, and found herself undressed in the middle of the boys Gryffindor dorm.

Portia looked around at the room, peaceful snores coming from the surrounding beds. Some were still empty - their inhabitants not having made it back from the previous night.

She wasn't sure if she was going to faint or be sick. She quickly located her clothes that were strewn about the floor, pulling on her jeans and sparkly top whilst battling the aching pain in her head.

"What in Merlin's name happened last night?" She asks herself. How could she have been so stupid. All she could remember was the five shots of fire whiskey her and Alice had downed.

As she moved to depart the room before one of her classmates woke up and discovered her- she felt an urge to look back, just once more. So she did. She looked at the boy sleeping peacefully in the sheets; freckles decorating his face, red hair ruffled. Portia couldn't help but be in awe of him, and how calm he looked. Not a single sign of worry rested on his face, the way his eyelashes laid on his cheeks making him look angelic. It always shocked Portia how beautiful George Weasley was.

Thinking about the events of the previous night, she made her escape from Gryffindor tower, feeling lucky that the students left in the common room were either passed out or still too drunk to notice anything.

The castle was quiet as she walked back to her dorm. From the look of the sky it was still very early, not many students were up at this time and those who were paid little attention to the Ravenclaw. She bumped into Cedric Diggory as she passed the Great Hall, he had always been an early riser and it was only encouraged by the Triwizard Tournament and the final task that was in only a matter of days. He laughed at her rather disheveled appearance upon seeing her.

"Fun night Portia?" He asked.

"If only I could remember." She groans in response.

As she passed the rows of portraits that lined Hogwarts walls she racked her brain in an attempt to remember the previous night. Her head ached, which was never a good sign in her books. Portia had plenty of fun filled endeavours throughout her years at Hogwarts, but never had she been stupid enough to end up in the bed of a Weasley - let alone one she was quite positive she was in love with.