F r e n c h C h o c o l a t e s

Song for chapter There she goes ~ the la's

Song for chapter
There she goes ~ the la's

***

By the time October arrived the buzz surrounding the Triwizard Tournament was at it's peak, and as the inevitable arrival of the other two schools drew closer the students became more restless and excitable. Madeleine was thankful for the shortened day because as much as she loved hearing Professor Babbling drone on about ancient Runes - the Triwizard Tournament was a much more interesting topic.

"When is this damn lesson going to be over?" Muttered July who had taken the class simply because Madeleine had taken it and not because she had any actual interest in Ancient Runes.

"Soon, now shut up before we both get in trouble" replied Madeleine keeping her focus on the translations in front of her, she tried to not attract any attention from her teacher.

"Come on I wanna see all the fitties from Durmstrang" whined July.

"Shut up." Said Madeleine with an eye roll.

Finally the bell rang releasing them from their classes. After dumping their bags and books in the dormitories and reuniting with the other half of their foursome, the young Ravenclaws made their way to the front of Hogwarts to await the arrival of the Beaubaxtons and Durmstrang students.

***

Now sitting at the Ravenclaw table, Madeleine watched as the foreign students entered the hall - gathering at the entrance awkwardly.

"Where are they going to sit?"

Before anyone had the chance to reply the answer became apparent as the students of Beauxbaxtons made their way towards the Ravenclaw table. A tall girl with shining silvery Blonde hair and an elegance that drew the eye of many with her, sat down next to Madeleine giving her a small smile.

"Fleur Delacour" announced the girl. Holding out her hand for Madeleine to shake.

Madeleine smiled, the faint sound of a french accent reminding her of the voice of her late mother.

"Madeleine Morrison" she replied, shaking the part Veela's hand. "Ravi de vous rencontrer"

Fleur's smile grew wide, clearly very please to have met another speaker of her native language.

"Tu parles français?" Asked Fleur, a hint of excitement lacing her voice.

"Oui."

As the night progressed the pair chatted - In both English and French and learned many facts about each other. Madeleine was intrigued but not surprised by the fact that the blonde girl was 1/4 Veela and Fleur took much interest in Madeleine's older brother who worked at the french ministry of magic. Madeleine had not clicked with a person this quickly since she had met her four best friends on the first day of Hogwarts six years ago. They discussed the differences between Beauxbaxtons and Hogwarts, and shared their favourite hair and makeup tips as they ate. It was only when Albus Dumbledore stood up to make a speech did the duo fall quiet.