7

Thump. Thump. Thump. You rushed home quickly, your mind and heart racing.

The streets of New York were just as loud as ever, however it was different for you. For you, the sounds were almost completely drowned out by the thuds that were coming from your heart. The adrenaline had you pacing your thoughts. Cars honked their horns, as you flew over them. People pointed up at you, some of them pointing phones at you filming you as you attempted to rush home. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Mommy look!"

"Oh my god. Is that a new Avenger?"

"Whoa, that's a wicked suit!"

"I wonder if she's good or evil?"

You could vaguely hear the sounds of people talking, trying to figure out who this new superhero was. As you arrived at the Avenger's tower, you landed harshly on the balcony. Your legs toppled over your head as you rolled, your weight giving out under you. You jumped up, not even focused on the small scrapes that you had just formed on your hands from your fall.

You bolted through the door, running straight our bedroom door. No one heard you coming (thanks to your stealth boots) as you ran into the living room. You see Nat, Wanda, Vision, Happy and your father all sitting on the couch watching the news. All eyes turn to you. Nat and Wanda both have slight smiles on their faces, while your dad sat with a wide grin on his.

Happy looked like he usually did. Bored and annoyed. You pulled off your mask and walked over to stand in front of the TV.

"The beloved Queens’ institution, Delmar’s Sandwiches, was destroyed in an explosion earlier tonight after an ATM robbery was thwarted by Queens’ own colorful local crime-stopper, the Spider-Man."

You watched as a picture of Spider-Man coming out of an outhouse with toilet paper stuck to his foot. Not realizing it, you smirked to yourself. Of course they would use a picture like that. The screen then flashed to video footage of Spider-Man fighting off the robbers before cutting to live video of what was left of Delmar's. Pieces of building and other stuff was on fire

"As the Spider-Man attempted to foil their heist, a powerful blast was set off, slicing through the bodega across the street. Miraculously, no one was harmed." The screen flashed to a female reporter who was sitting at a fancy white desk.

Like all news reporters, she sounded really fake and too energetic. "It seems that Spider-Man isn't the only hero protecting our city. Local residents of Queens have spotted a woman dressed in a high tech designed suit soaring through the skies earlier tonight." 

"Footage that we have received from an anonymous citizen shows the hero in action as she saves them from an armed robbery that could have gone horribly wrong." The screen cuts to a small snip of video, showing you lifting the two robbers up with your PK and shoving them into the garbage can. It then cuts to live footage of the police pulling the two criminals out of the garbage and cuffing them.

Just as they were cuffing the robber that you had left unconscious, he woke up and started to struggle.

You smiled to yourself, before rushing off to the bathroom to shower and change.

***

3rd Person POV:

I can't believe Ned found out! Why didn't he call or text me to let me know he was in my room?! Peter and May were sitting at a small table at Prachya Thai. May sat opposite of Peter, eating her dinner with chopsticks. He stared down at my food, poking it with a single chopstick.

His appetite had vanished after the events from earlier.

"What’s the matter? Thought you loved larb. It’s too larby? Not larby enough." May sets down her chopsticks, "How many times do I have to say “larb” before you talk to me? You know I larb you." She bites her bottom lip and half smiles.

Peter looked up from his plate, "I’m just stressed. The internship, and I’m tired. It's a lot of work..." He glanced back down at his plate.

"The Stark internship. I have to tell you, not a fan of that Tony Stark. Distracted all the time... he’s got you in your head."

"The beloved Queens’ institution, Delmar’s Sandwiches, was destroyed..."

Peter's attention had left his plate and went straight onto the t.v. that was behind Aunt May's head. She continued although Peter was not listening, "You need to use your instincts..."

"...in an explosion..."

May stopped mid-sentence and turned to face the t.v.

"...earlier tonight after an ATM robbery was thwarted by Queens’ own colorful local crime-stopper, the Spider-Man." A picture of Spider-Man coming out of an outhouse with toilet paper stuck to his foot appeared on screen, causing Peter to give a slightly annoyed look.

Of course they would use a picture like that...

"As the Spider-Man attempted to foil their heist, a powerful blast was set off, slicing through the bodega across the street. Miraculously, no one was harmed."

Aunt May turns back to Peter with a serious expression, "If you spot something like that happening, you turn and you run the other way." She made a gesture with her thumb, pointing away from herself.

Peter began nodding rapidly, "Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course."

"Six blocks away from us!"

Thinking quickly, Peter decides to try and change the subject, "I... uh... I need a new backpack."

May puts a finger to her ear, disbelief clear on her face, "What?"

"I need a new backpack." "That’s five."

A waiter suddenly brings a new dish to their table, his eyes glued on Peter's aunt, "Sticky rice pudding."

May looked up at the waiter, a sweet smile on her face, "Oh, we didn’t order that." "It’s on the house." The waiter winked at her, and smiled before walking away. "Oh! Thanks." She turned to her nephew, who was still playing with his food, "That’s nice of him."

Peter smirked, pointing his chopstick at his aunt, "I think he larbs you."

Aunt May responded by placing her hand against her chest, a fake look of exagerated surprise on her face.

"It seems that Spider-Man isn't the only hero protecting our city..." 

Wait, what? Peter's eyes immediately snapped back to the screen.

"Local residents of Queens have spotted a woman dressed in a high tech designed suit soaring through the skies earlier tonight."

"Footage that we have received from an anonymous citizen shows the hero in action as she saves them from an armed robbery that could have gone horribly wrong." The screen cuts to a small snip of video, showing a woman, who looked young, possibly a teenager, lifting the two robbers up with her mind and shoving them into a garbage can. It then cuts to live footage of the police pulling the two criminals out of the garbage and cuffing them.

There was a third criminal who woke up and started to struggle with the cops as they cuffed him.

Peter sat in complete disbelief. He had so many questions swarming his brain as he watched the footage.

Who was this girl? Did she work for Mr. Stark? Would I ever meet her? Peter attempted once more to push away his thoughts as he tried to eat his dinner.

(A/N): sorry for the late update. I recently went on a first date and I didn't really have time to update. I hope this chapter is ok, and at least makes sense. I'm still working on a name, so if anyone has any suggestions, don't be afraid to leave a comment. 😊)