9

A/N: So, for this chapter I altered the timeline a bit so that I can write in some Peter and Y/N moments, and so that I could officially create a superhero name for Y/N. 

Peter's POV:

This is insane! Liz just said that she has a crush on Spider-Man. On me! Well, not entirely me, but still technically ME!!! This cannot be happening... I looked over at Y/N for a moment, pondering on whether I should ask her for advice when suddenly...

"PETER KNOWS SPIDER-MAN!" wHat tHe hElL, NEd?!

"No, I don't. I-I mean..." Wow, that totally doesn't make you look guilty. Nice one, Pete. The voice in my head was almost overwhelming loud as I watched Flash slid down from the rope he was climbing. "They're friends." Ned chimed in. Ned, can you please shut up?

"Yeah, like how Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends." Flash taunted, grinning like this was the funniest shit he had heard all day. Shit. "I-I've met him a couple times... Through the Stark Internship." I turned to Ned gritting my teeth, "I'm not really supposed to talk about it." I looked around at all the faces of my class until my eyes locked with a familiar y/e/c pair of eyes. I couldn't tell if she was worried or curious, her expression looked almost a mix of both. "Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what?" My attention snapped back to Flash, "Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party.

"Yeah, I'm having a party this weekend. You're more than welcome to come." I looked at Liz, "A party?" "Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man." The evil smirk on Flash's face made me cringe. He was using this situation against me as much as he could and was loving every second of it. "Um..."

"It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so..." Liz looked a little... disappointed? Was she wanting me to be at her party? Say something... "Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?" God, I hate Flash so much...

The bell rang, temporarily ending my torment. I turned to Ned, throwing my hands up in pure frustration, "What are you doing?!"

"Helping you out. Did you not hear her? Liz has a crush on you" Ned whisper yelled at me. I couldn't say anything. I felt stumped. Ned had a very valid point. Ned continued, "Dude, you're an Avenger. If any one of us has a chance with a senior girl, it's you." He then walked off, leaving me completely alone to think about my options as Y/N approached me.

***

3rd Person POV:

You watched as everything unfolded in front of you and felt a small ping of pain in your chest. Peter must have forgotten that he had invited you over this weekend. It made your mouth go sour, almost like you had eaten a salted slice of lemon. You didn't know why you felt this way, for you knew Peter had a major crush on Liz and that going to her party would make him happy. But for some unknown reason you could not shake the thought of him ditching plans with you for her. You shrugged it off though and decided to talk to Peter about it. 

You walk up to him just as Ned left the gym. Peter stood frozen in place, clearly trying to come to a decision when he noticed your presence, "Hey Y/N." "Forgetting something?" You asked in a half-salty tone. Peter stood confused, only realizing what you meant with your next words, "Our weekend plans?" 

"How much of that did you hear?" Peter asked in a panicked voice. If Y/N heard that he was Spider-Man, would she tell anyone? Could he trust her with such a huge secret like how he has to trust Ned? "Just that you know Spider-Man and that you're possibly going to Liz's party." You fibbed as well as you could, biting your bottom lip. It was a nervous habit that you had picked up on when you lie.

Peter glanced down at your lips as you bit down, gently tugging your bottom lip with your teeth. His cheeks flushed red; he couldn't tell if it was from his embarrassment of forgetting about your weekend plans, or if it was his mind clouding with other thoughts, such as why you looked so cute when you bit your lip like that. "I'm so sorry. Ned kind of put me on the spot like that and then Flash..." He trailed off, looking slightly stressed. Peter himself didn't even know what he had felt anymore. The longer he looked at you, the more he felt like he had with Liz. But different in a way. It felt like a connection unlike what he had with Liz. With her everything felt awkward and intense but with you, everything just kind of flowed naturally. It was weird.

"Um... I don't actually know if I should go or not honestly. I mean I want to, but..." 

"But you don't want her to know." You didn't realize what you had said until it had come out, making the atmosphere extremely awkward. "Know what? Why would you say that like I'm hiding something?" Peter frantically spoke. his voice cracking slightly. Does Y/N know?  Thinking fast, you spoke, "Um, about you being friends with Spider-Man. What did you think I meant?"

"R-right... Yeah, I actually don't know if I should go and invite him. I'm honestly just more afraid of embarrassing myself, I think. I mean I really like Liz, but I don't know if it's worth it." You felt another ping of pain in your heart but brushed it away quickly.

"I think you should go." You gave Peter a reassuring smile, hoping he wouldn't see through it.  He looked at you apologetically, "Are you sure? I mean I feel bad about not being able to hang with you this weekend." You shrugged, "It's fine, Pete. We can just hang next weekend. "

"Or we could hang out tonight. Maybe around 6 o'clock?"

"You sure that will be okay with your folks?" You asked. "Um, I'm sure May won't mind. She loves meeting new people."

"Okay. Just don't bail on me this time Parker. " You punched his shoulder a lot harder than what you had realized. "One, ow. And two, I promise I won't bail on you." 

You both smiled at each other before going your separate ways to change and make it to your next class.