Chapter 8

Audrey's POV

I've been getting worried about Callie. She's never been this distant from me. Shes usually by my side where ever I go. But now, I don't even see her at school or at the library. I'm not sure if she just left completely.

Ever since she left, Mia has also gone distant. She doesn't pay attention to me anymore. Like as if she only did this to make Callie mad. I don't know what happened between them.

I sat in my room, listening to my mother talk to someone in her room. It was cut short by some yelling. I was glad that she wasn't yelling for me this time. My mother has actually stopped drinking, to my surprise. She hasn't yelled that much either.

I stared at the ground, still listening to the arguement between her and the man. I didn't know this person. Kind of made me uncomfortable. So I grabbed my backpack and left the house to get some fresh air. Definitely was still loud, but it was better than listening to them arguing.

While walking around, I noticed a figure that looked similar. But they were to far for me to recognize who they were. So as my nosy self, I followed them. Tall, dark hair, dark skin...could it be? The woman turned around to look at me, it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Um, hello. Do you need help?" She asked in a soft voice.

I shook my head and sighed to myself, and kept walking. I can't believe I got so excited...about thinking it was her..thinking it was Callie.

I haven't stopped thinking about her, don't know why. My heart beats so fast just the thought about her. The way her cold eyes stared deep into my own. Her breathing becoming heavy whenever she was around me. God it was gonna be the end of me. She gave me this weird warm feeling. I wanted more, it made me so tingly and happy. But whenever I was around Mia, I felt uncomfortable and unwanted. Of course she said that she loved me. But she never would actually, mean it. I could see it in her expression when I talked to her.

I continued my walk, I didn't know where I was going. I just needed to get away from my home.

I went into the park and sat down.  I looked around. As if it were my lucky day. Callie was sitting on the other side of the park. With a cigarette in her mouth. My instincts wanted to go up to her and start talking to her.

But I can't speak and she probably didn't want to even speak to me. I did something wrong and I don't know what I did. I just stared at her for a good 10 minutes, she's barely changed. Though it's only been a week since she's distanced herself, and I just can't get over her.

Callie started looking around, then spotted me. We locked eye contact for a few minutes. I tried looking away but when I looked back. She was still staring at me. I shyly waved to her, it seemed to knock her back into reality. Callie stood up quickly and walked off. I wanted to go after her but, she clearly didn't want to see me. I sighed harshly to myself and got up. It started to get a bit cloud, must be raining soon. So I decided to head back home, hoping my mom and that man were gone.