Chapter two

My mother stared at Mia and cleared her throat. "Who is this?" I gulp and look down at my feet. "I'm a friend." Mia spoke up standing her ground. "You are not welcomed here! Audrey!" She yelled and starts to approach me. I started to sweat but I stood infront of Mia. I gave her a glare. A nausty glare. 'Touch her and I will break you.' I motioned my hands as her eyes went wide. "You wouldn't dare." I could still see the broken bottle in her hand. It had blood dripping from the sharp tips of glass. I stood up tall and directed mia to my room. "What's up with your mom?" I looked around and shrugged. 'She usually doesn't drink.' I lied. I didn't need anyone worrying about me.

Overtime Mia fell asleep and I cuddled into her. My eyes shut little bit after she did. Her heart reminded me of my fathers when he would hold me when I was a child, i cuddled closer into her. A blush grew across my face as she curls up into my body. I loved my new friend, she was like the big sister I never had.

It became day and I didn't even bother on moving, Mia had me connected to her, luckly it was Saturday. I heard the door open and close, my mother must of just left. Mia groans as she flips over with me on top of her. I smile warmly has I make my way off of her.

I skip myself down the stairs, ran towards the kitchen, and started making breakfast. A smile former on my lips as I heard Mia come down stairs. I turned my hand around waved good morning. "Heh, Morning Audrey." Mia sits down on the couch and scrolls through her phone.

I turn around with a plate full of food and set it down in front of her. "Thank you." She set her phone down and starts munching on the food. I smiled proudly.

After we ate, Mia took me to the interview. I didn't bother on looking fancy since I couldn't do much. She mostly did the talking as I played with my fingers.

The mangers name was Colten. He was a very quiet man with brown hair and bright green eyes. "We are proud to hire her." I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled big. "May I have your name?" I hesitated and looked at mia. "Her name is audrey." He told me that I start on monday and handed me my pin.

When we left I gave Mia the biggest hug that I have ever done.

Mia left after an hour later as I jump into my bed. I was so excited and was bouncing up and down. I heard my phone go off, i picked it up and looked. 'Wait...Is this for real?' I thought to myself as I got more happy.

Me: Mia you genius! Thank you for sending this to me!

Dinosaurs child: np!

Yes I named her dinosaurs child, don't judge me. I looked at the price of what Mia sent me. 'Only 100 dollars?! Thats cheap!' I smiled and kicked my feet in the air. My smile was so big i thought it was ear to ear. I placed my phone done out my coffee table and went downstairs to watched some tv.

I watched a few movies and looked around thinking I heard a knock on my door. I shook it off and continued watching the movie. Until I knew for sure someone was at my door. The clock struck mid night and the knocking got louder. I gulped and sloely approached the door. Looking through the peep hole, I notice a young woman, about my age, standing at my door. She looked fimilar so I opened the door. And there I saw was a blood Callie.

Callie looked at me and tried turning around before I grabbed her and pulled her into my house. "How the fuck did I end up here?" She growled. I simply shrugged my shoulders and sat her down onto my couch. I jogged my way into the kitchen and got a few rags. Once I came back, I tried asking what happened. "What?" I swung my head back and glared at her. My finger softly tapped her cut as she flinched. "Tch....Eh...as usual we had a gang fight but it went wrong and I got demolished." I turned and looked at her. 'Aren't you the alpha wolf?' I asked using my hands.

Callie nodded and groaned loudly as I pressed a cold wet rag on her cut. "Easy you du-" I cut her off by giving her a nausty glare. "Nevermind...." She huffed and I smiled warmly. I wrapped her arms with bandages and told her she could stay the night. "Uh...Sure...Thanks." For the first time, I saw her smile, I made her smile! I smiled back and stood up. 'Come, I'll show you where you'll be sleeping.' I motioned at her as I started sprinting upstairs. She followed after me and approached my room. "Not bad." She mumbled enough for me to hear it. I rolled my eyes and jumped onto my bed. I patted beside me as Callie's face went red. "I'm not sleeping with you! Well, i-i mean I-ahm I'm not sleeping be-beside you." She stuttered. I chuckled to myself and made a pouting face at her. She groaned and walked to the bed, laying beside me. I smiled and got up. 'Im gonna make dinner. Be right back!" I skipped my way down to the kitchen and made something descent to eat.

Than, the door swung open. 'M-mom! Your home early!' I gave her a fake smile. She smiled back as she approached. "I g-*hiccup* guess I am~" My heart raced, I know that tone of voice. I backed up slowly before my mother grabbed my shoulders and threw me onto the ground. "You look cute today~" Mom got onto her hands and knees and crawled to me. I banged the wall loudly. My mom grabbed my hands and pinned them. She was about to make her first move before....

"GET OFF OF HER!"

I look up stairs to see Callie with burning blue eyes. "Let go of her...." Her voice became more calm. My mom growled and got up walking away. My breathing hintched as tears came down over my cheeks. Callie ran by my side as my mother scowled her. "Get out...." Callie growled as I hugged her. "What ch-chu saawy to mee?!" Her growl became more deep, "I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT!" She stood up and glared down at my mom. My mom spat at callie and left without another word. Callie looked down at me. "Is this what you've been having to deal with?" I nodded and cried more. Callie hugged me.

I felt something deep down.

Something I haven't felt something in years...

Was it, Love?

No impossible, Callie's a cold asshole. A-and I'm not lesbian!

Callie picked me up without noticing as she carried me into my room, and dropped me onto my bed. "Go the fuck to sleep you mute freak." She chuckles towards the end as she throws the blanket over me. I patted the side of me to tell her to lay next to me. Callie shook her head. "I have a new duty, I must protect you with all cost. I'm not letting you go through anymore pain Audrey. Understand?" I nodded and smiled. My eyes slowly shut as I heard callie go down stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke the next day to a half naked callie beside my bed. I was curious, so I leaned over just to see her in a tank top and black shorts. Callie was completely passed out. She looked cute when she was sleeping. Wait, what am I thinking?! She's just here to help me....that's it. I got up and out of my bed and started walking downstairs. Callie was pretty tired so I left her be.

Callie woke up at least 30 minutes later. She groaned and yawned as she walked down the stairs. "Morning Audrey..." I turn around to see once again a bloody Callie. My eyes widen as I ran over and examined her body. "Your mom came home again....she thought I was gone." I huffed and cleaned her up. Callie held onto my cheek as she looked at my eyes. I ignored it, she had blood all over herself.

Callie purred softly as I walked away. I continued to cook breakfast. Callie growled as I heard the door open. "Woah! Calm down!" It was Mia. I chuckled to myself and ran to Mia and gave her a big hug. "How did she end up her?" Mia asked as I turned around seeing Callie sitting. "Gang fight, tried getting home, ended up here." She explained in the most simplest way possible.

Mia and callie sort of stared at each other  for the last few minutes.

I rolled my eyes and went back into the kitchen...