Chapter 5

The bell had just rang and everyone ran out the door of the classroom. I followed behind slowly and carefully. Callie waited outside, at the gate. A smile slowly appeared on my face as Callie finally noticed me. She headed towards me and gave me a quick hug. "Hey audrey, how was school?" I shrugged and shook my hand side to side.

She huffed and smiled. She's such a softy. I thought to myself, callie took my hand and headed towards the library. She held me close and was on high alert for anybody. We've already got two people against us. We can't really handle anymore.

Once we had gotten to the library, I had put on my uniform and headed towards section 6B. A cart was left on the side full of books. So I decided to stock the books that were left in the cart. I hummed to myself and swung my hips side to side.

A loud yell was heard across the library. I dropped the book I was holding and turned the corner to see not other than Mia and Callie. "I said to never come here again Callie!" Mia yelled as she got closer to Callie. I ran towards them and tried to split them up. But they kept pushing towards each other. "You know better Mia! I told you very strictly to st-"

Finally, I shove them apart and got in between them. I pull them both outside and huffed aggressively. "Audrey please, forgive me I'm sorry." I looked at mia and smiled. "I'm sorry...to...grr..." Callie growled lightly, making me shake my head in disappointment. I crossed my arms and turned myself around. Callie tried reaching out for me, but I headed back to Section 6B.

After a few hours, my shifted was over. I sighed in relief and smiled to myself. I grabbed my bag and headed outside. There I saw Callie leaning against the fence, smoking. I rolled my eyes and quickly walked up to her, and smacked the cigarette out of her mouth which startled her.

I glared at her, She smiled warmly and beside me. I rolled my eyes again. I wasn't pissed but I was definitely mad.

Mia didn't do anything. Or...at least I hope so...

Callie's tail swung side to side. Brushing the ground as it does so. Her ears were flattened, and her gaze was...sharp? I couldn't tell. She looked pissed, scared, and worried.

We reached my house and I asked to be left alone. Callie only nodded and took off. A heavy sigh left me throat as I entered the house. My mother was gone, and I was alone.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Callie looked when we left the library. She looked tramatized... something happened, and I know it was Mia's fault...

~TimeSkip~

I had just woken up and gotten dressed. The house was awfully quiet without callie here. I wonder what got into those two. I didn't worry to much and still got ready for school. The sound of my door opened to my home. I gulped hard and snuck towards the stairs. I didn't see anyone there. Nobody. "Audrey? Audrey Patterson?" (If i said her name in the past than sorry i forgot) It definitely wasn't my mom, neither callie. I headed downstairs to see a cop. A male cop with golden blonde hair and bright green eyes. Probably around 30 years old.

The cop turned towards me and his eyes widen. "Oh, sorry I should of knocked." I nodded but leaned against the wall. "Sorry for intruding, but I have some bad news." He takes off his hat and my heart starts to pound. His green eyes met mine and my heart raced more. "Your, mother has been in a car accident. She was drunk and she drove through a red light and got hit. She might not survive." My eyes widen, tears rows into my eyes and slowly rolled down my cheek. Knowing my mother was all I had left. It hurt. Although she was abusive. She was still my mother. The man took me into his arms as I sobbed onto his shoulder.

~~~~~

I skipped school, I layed in my bed. Staring at the wall as my phone buzzed a few times. I couldn't even think straight. My mother might die, and the last time I ever got to see her was when she hit me. I didn't know if I should be happy for sad. My phone buzzed again and I decided to grab it.

34 Missed call from Mia
62 texts from Mia
3 texts from Callie

Wow, I can see who cares. I sigh and text them.

Me: hey

Mia: oh my goodness! Finally where have you been?! Are you ok?! I've been worried sick!
I chuckle to myself and smile.

Me: I'm fine. Just going through some hard times but I'll be ok. =^w^=

Mia: thank god. I miss you..

My heart races, I'm so confused. I've never felt this way to Mia. I can feel my face getting red.

I wonder if callie cares...tch, maybe she just wants to know if I'm there.

I click on her name and my eyes widen.

Callie: Audrey are you ok? Please be ok. I care to much to lose you
Callie: Audrey are you here? I can't find you. I wanna talk to you!
Callie: please call me when you have the chance.... i don't wanna spam.

I smile happily knowing both of my friends care about me. Than everything froze. My finger hovered over the call button, should I call her? Will she answer? I sighed and put my phone down. Callie isn't usually the one to be on her phone, or really socialize. I groaned and rolled over.

~~~~~

It's 12:42 p.m. I haven't slept, eatten, or even moved. My phone buzzed a few times but I put it on silent. Everything was so fuzzy. I could barely breathe. I hated this feeling. I didn't ask for this!! I wish my mother was more careful! Why couldn't of dad lived!! Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Knock knock"

I jolted up. Breathing heavy and confused. I sighed heavily and got out of bed. The ground seemed more cold than usual. I walked down the stairs and opened the door. Next thing I knew, Mia jumped at me and hugged my tight. Yelling things I could hear.

Mia pulled away and smiled. "I was so worried! What happened?" Tears built up into my eyes. 'Well' I knew she wouldn't understand the rest so I went to grab some paper. I wrote down that my mother was in the hospital and may not survive. I handed the paper to her and she read it. She hugged me tightly. I giggled softly and hugged her back. Mia picked me up and carried me to the couch. I sat in her lap, facing her.

I felt safe with her. It...It felt right. Mia leaned back and looked at me. Her eyes faded into a dark pink. Mia seemed to get closer and closer to me. She slowly closed her eyes, and she kissed me. Her lips were soft and tender. I kissed back and smiled. She wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed me deeper....than the door opened.

"A...Audrey...?"

There stood Callie. Panting and nearly in tears. She growled and huffed. "Oh, Callie we didn't know you were coming." She seemed to smirk and rest her head on my shoulder. "I..Texted audrey saying I'd come over....just to check up on her..." Callie looked down at her hand and clutched it. Her eyes avoided eye contacted with me. "I'll meet you outside...for school." Than she left. Not another single work.

Mia smirked wider. "Hey its ok. She was just a friend right? She'll accept it." I sighed and smiled weakly. 'Yeah, I guess she is...' Mia kissed me again and layed down with me on top of her. My eyes slowly fluttered shut and fell asleep.

(I tried my best =w=)