◺ the break in ◹

"Izuru Kamukura!" Junko exclaimed, munching on her takoyaki as Mukuro slashed a guard's chest open. He fell, dead. I couldn't even look.

"What was that? You realize you're just making more work for yourself. Moron. God help you if I get blood on these boots." That was Junko. I heard her step over the bodies. She tapped her foot a little.

When I looked up, she was looking at me, expecting me to follow. I took a deep breath and ran across, careful not to step on any of the bodies there.

"Oh. Sorry Junko. I'll clean it up." Mukuro said softly, putting her blades away.

"Damn right. Make it look like they decided this job was over their pay grade. Worry about it later though, we're on a schedule." Junko turned on her heel and started down the hallway.

"Well... I'm supposed to do that all by myself?" Mukuro asked, running to follow.

"It's what we call a 'you problem'! We've been through this, Ms. Prissy Pants. Grunt work is your domain. I mean, unless you can get [Name] not to pass out from looking at the blood, you're on your own!" Junko shrugged, eating another one of the takoyaki.

"Oh... okay. You're right, of course." Mukuro nodded, taking a position in the front of the group. She looked back at me for a moment. She had pity in her eyes.

I really shouldn't be here.

She's making me realize that.

Junko hummed as we walked.

"Um... this is a retinal scanner. It's not gonna open with a card." Mukuro pointed out. Junko just ate one last takoyaki before stabbing another ball and throwing the rest on the ground.

"No problem, I've got just the thing! One of the trustees was nice enough to let me borrow it for a while." She walked up to the scanner and put the ball on it. "Didn't even have to deface myself to get it! The lolita aesthetic doesn't mean I'm easy!~"

Oh god. That was an eyeball.

Oh god, the door opened!

"Open sesame!"