(Pt. 23) Welcome to Hell

[Oikawa POV]

"Did you just say, Iwa-chan?" Kuroo asked.

"Yeah look. He's right here." I pointed to him.

"Explain. Now."

I sighed. "Here we go. I told iwa-chan about the full on meetings we were having at night, but he wasn't really interested in (y/n) to begin with, so he never showed up. When we came up with the plan to commit arson, I couldn't let my sweet iwa-chan die, so that night I told him the area of the forest we were going to be in, and I let him out of the door first since I was the one guarding it."

"So you're the only one who gets to choose favorites huh?" Bokuto growled.

"Its not like it was a rule. It did take him longer than I expected to get here though." I thought.

"Well I'm sorry I can't read a map with no landmarks. Seriously, you just circled this big area." Iwaizumi retorted.

"Yeah yeah. It's in the past now. Did you get the things I asked for?"

"Here." He said as he tossed me a heavy bag. I'm surprised he carried this the whole time.

"Stuff? What stuff?" Kageyama asked.

"Food, water, medicine, etc, and not just for us, for the bus people too." I answered.

"Why do we have to give them anything? Tendou is with them!" Nishinoya interjected.

"And so is (y/n). Stop making a fuss about the obvious."

"I don't really think being in two separate groups like this is helping anybody." Semi mentioned.

"Fair point, but like Oikawa said, force isn't really the best option." Kuroo pointed out.

"Then we don't use force. We just ask them to be a big group again." Nishinoya said bluntly.

Bokuto rubbed the back of his neck. "Not a bad idea, but would they agree so easily? Not to mention I'm not in a hurry to see Tendou's face again."

"Tendou isn't with them at the moment. I saw when I dropped off the bag. Plus, we shouldn't tell them about iwa-chan."

"Ugh, I still gotta hide from people even after making it this far?"

"Sorry iwa-chan!" I lowered my voice. "But, you haven't even seen the half of it. If I wanted to save you I probably should've just let you burn in that fire."

—Present—
[Your POV]

Tendou's voice went from cheery to serious. "Let's get along together shall we."

It's like every time people die, more people come along just to fill the gaps. It's an endless cycle just like they said in that dream I had. How much longer would I have to keep this up? Now that everyone is here, I have to do something. Everyone was gathered in one place. I had to say something.

I could barely get the words out of my mouth. It felt awful just saying it after everything he's done.
"I agree with Tendou."

"Oh?" He tilted his head.

"H u h?" The word echoed throughout the forest as I was given squints of confusion and glares of resentment. I looked over at Hinata, but quickly turned my head away. I couldn't bare to look him in the eyes right now.

"We should all get along." I continued, earning a smirk from Tendou.

"Right Right! Just as (y/n) said!" Tendou jumped in.

"The fuck are you saying (y/n)!?" Nishinoya stormed forward and grabbed me by the collar.

I tilted my head up and looked down at him. "Won't you be a darling and stop to listen for a second?"

"Tch." He let go, and returned to his position beside bokuto. I adjusted my clothes and cleared my throat.

"Instead of living in an abandoned shack or in a bus, why don't we build our own houses where we can sleep comfortably? Instead of relying on someone to go into town when we need something and risk getting caught, let's become self sufficient. While we're here, let's make this place paradise."

After listening to what I had to say, everyone calmed down a bit.

Oikawa rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I suppose that could work, but we'd still need to go into town to get axes, unless you wanna start hammering rocks together."

"Then we do it. The final trip." I smile.

"Maybe bad timing... but where do I put the volleyball equipment?" Atsumu said hesitantly.

Volleyball equipment? I looked over. Sure enough, behind him was a net, a few balls, and other things I didn't recognize.

"Kageyama! Toss to me!" Hinata raced to grab one of the balls. 

"They haven't even set up the net yet." Kageyama retorted.

"We don't need it!" Hinata underhand served the ball towards kageyama, giving him a lot of time to prepare, then raced forward. Kageyama, even though reluctant to toss at first, couldn't resist and tossed the ball. Hinata sprung in the air, winded up his hand—then missed.

"O-" Hinata started as he landed in the ground. Everyone laughed, even Hinata and kageyama themselves.

"Sorry, the toss was a little off. The height of the trees were messing me up, not to mention I haven't touched a ball in weeks." Kageyama apologized.

"Even though I didn't hit it, it still felt fun! Don't worry, we can practice now!"

Everyone's faces seemed brighter ever since the volleyball equipment came into play. It's unsettling to think that Tendou might have planned for this the whole time, knowing he's the one who brought everything and everyone from Inarizaki.

Everyone began to help set up the nets and clear out the area where they would be playing. It surprised me that they were able to draw out the markings in the dirt that you would normally see on the gym floor, using the net as a guide.

Everyone finally had something to look forward too, but I was focused on something else. Kiyoko was the only girl other than myself left. No matter what, I won't let anything happen to her. I won't let what happened to yachi happen again.