(Pt.18) Is it just a dream?

"(Y/n), I need you to listen while theres still time."

"Listen? Who are you?" I looked around and all the volleyball boys that I've encountered so far sat in different parts of the room.

"You've been through so much. We all have. We know it seems like we've had one look at you and all of a sudden and fell head over heels for you immediately, but that's not it. To us it's more than that."

I couldn't tell who was speaking to me directly, but they all seemed to nod in agreement. "Then what is the case?" If anything, what they just said made me even more confused.

"That day in gym, that wasn't the first time we've seen you. You know, it's rare that people these days take genuine interest in boys volleyball. A lot of people mock it for being girly, or they only like the hot guys like Oikawa, but that wasn't the case with you."

Wasn't the case with me? What do they mean?

"All of us could go on and on about why you're amazing. Have you even bothered to ask someone why we like you so much? We're not just heartless psychopaths that want to bring you pain. If anything we want to stop it, but this competition... it's like a curse."

A curse? Now I'm even more confused.

"Free us from this curse (y/n)."

"(Y/n). (Y/n)? Wake up."

"Huh?" I asked sitting up. My eyes first scanned around the room towards Hinata, and after seeing him, I felt more relieved, but soon the panic started to set in. Everyone surrounded me, everyone except for tendou... and one more person. "Guys! Who's not here right now? They're in danger!"

"Calm down (y/n). First tell us what—" Kenma started.

"I can't calm the fuck down! Tendou's gonna do something really bad!" I was freaking out, but I couldn't let them know it's because I chose to save Hinata. That's like putting a target on his back.

"I believe you. We should go look for who's missing right away." Kenma agreed.

We walked out of the building and once again entered the forest. I wonder how tendou found this abandoned building in the middle of nowhere.

"HELP!!" A scream was heard. We looked around and saw smoke coming from the distance.

"You're kidding right? This is a joke." I said in disbelief.

"Tanaka..." Nishinoya finally realized, and began to tear up.

"Tendou is really unstable right now. We should split up before he throws a molotov killing all of us." Semi said. "Run, hide, anything. Avoid him at all cost."

Wasn't everyone supposed to be fighting for me? Now I'm running for my life. And that weird dream I had...

"(Y/n)? I can't find Kiyoko, so is it okay if I come with you?" She asked. Of course I accepted. We slowly made our way towards the fire.

"(Y/n), will you ever be happy with things going the way they are?" Yachi asked. The question took me by surprise.

"No. Probably not. Even if they all kill each other and there's one person standing, what happens after that?" I responded.

"You know, at first, I was a little hesitant when Kiyoko asked if I wanted to come out here. Even now I'm really scared, but (y/n), you're more than enough reason for me to be here right now." She smiled. It reminded me of what my dream said earlier.

"Yachi, you like me too don't you?"

She stopped for a second, her face blushing a tomato red. "Y-yeah."

"Why me?"

"Hmm? Well, ever since the first day I've met you, you've been such a great person. You can chalk it up to you just being nice if you want, but you made every day a little bit more fun. Even at the training camp, having things as simple as a girls day was fun, and no one else has ever made me feel like that so—"

I put a hand in front of yachi, signaling her to stop for a second so that I could listen closely. I could hear the leaves crunching under someone's feet, getting closer and closer towards our direction.

"Hide." I whispered to her. I hid behind a log while yachi hid in some bushes, her face still visible to me from where she sat.

"Hm? I know someone's there, and I know where you are." Tendou's said. Just his voice sent shivers down my spine. I covered my mouth to silence my breathing. "If you come out, nothing will happen." He has to have been bluffing. I looked over at yachi and we both nodded and agreed not to move. "Sigh, we're gonna do this the hard way are we? Fine by me." I could hear the smirk in his voice but I still remained quiet.

"Baki baki ni ore—" As he got closer his voice got louder. It sounded like he was standing right behind me. Did he really know where we were. It went quiet for a second.

"Nani wo~" he continued as his head leaned directly over the bushes yachi sat in. Tendou raised a log the size of a bat over his head, and swung at yachi full force. The log hardly did anything. It barely even left a mark. He swung again, and again, making yachi scream in terror.

"(Y/n)! Please help me!" Our eyes made contact, and her hand reached out in my direction, but Tendou struck again. Blood was flying out every time he hit her. The log was being stained with the crimson color of her blood. Now instead of holding my hand over my mouth to be quiet, I was doing my best trying not to throw up. Why can't I ever move in these situations.

I watched as Tendou kept hitting her. She raised her hand in hopes of reaching me once again, but her hand was sent crashing into the floor. She didn't move anymore, but Tendou wouldn't stop hitting. He keep hitting, and kept hitting, causing her body to jerk with every strike.

He stopped and looked in my direction, our eyes certainly meeting. His face, splattered with blood. "Kokoro wo da yo~" he sung slowly. I still couldn't move. Was I next? Is this it? He stood up, and walked away, dragging the log on the ground leaving a single line trail behind him.