Chapter Four- "Burying the hatchet"

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DESCRIPTIONS OF SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
The first half of the chapter would be structured through the "POV" of the characters.

Peters POV:

What in the world was I thinking?! After 5 goddamn years, I've finally got a chance with the girl of my dreams. I can't screw this up. After all that she's been through in the past 2 years, I need to be there for her. Probably the oldie classic, sneaking up to her window and knocking would do the trick. Even though the rumble of the side rocks of her house would be enough to wake Mrs. Cooper up from her vampire-like sleep. Why's Betty not responding to the knocks? Is she still mad? Ah boy, I'm definitely screwed now! Is she gonna slap me? Kick me in the- you know? Or the worst possible scenario, dump me? Well, I probably deserve it, not the dumping part but-... You know what, maybe I'm overreacting. I should just knock again. Finally! Ah boy, she's frowning I hate when she frowns.

"Why didn't you answer my calls, Peter?" She asked me with a frown and a partially furrowed brow. The first and classic excuse I could come up with was, of course, the fact that I had no reception where I was. "I'm so sorry, babe. I had no reception!".

Oh for firetruck sake! Babe?! I called her babe?! God, that is so cheesy, URGH. But to be blatantly honest, I've been wanting to call her that for a long time, stop judging me. Oh my god, she's making that adorable little smile, why the hell am I a little scared, though.

"Peter, that is the first time you've called me 'babe'. Wow, Peter Parker calling someone babe!" She exclaims with a wide smile letting out a few chuckles. Embarrassed, the only thing I could do was roll my eyes exchanging that same smile. She opened the door for me to come in and I HAD to trip over the window edge while coming in. May have upped my class a bit since middle school but I'm still the same old, clumsy Peter Parker.

"Be careful! And, keep it down, please. My mom's still in bed!" she whispered. I crouched down widening my eyes and pursing my lips tightly.

Give me a break, it's the first time I've snuck into my girlfriend's house through her bedroom window. Hell, this is the first time I've actually had a girlfriend! But anyway, turns out Betty's already inclined on the entire gargoyle king situation, so yeah I guess I can also be involved in it too.

"Guess what?" I whispered. "FP proposed to May, they finalized the wedding!". She wore an excited smile and sat up on the bed.

"Oh my god, Peter that's incredible! Come here," she says with a cheerful smile as she pulls me in for a hug.

"Jughead told me you guys met up with Dr. Curdle Jr, what exactly happened?"

She shifted in her position wearing a concerned expression, leaving me slightly unsettled.

"That's what I was trying to reach you about. We got our first victim today. I'm telling you, Pete, the sight was dire, horrific, and what not! His body drained of blood to its last drop! But, the worst part is..." she paused.

I sat there with my brows raised with curiosity. I put my hand on my shivering shoulder empathetically, as her eyes begin to dwell with tears.

"There were human-like bite marks on the victim's back.

Those words got to me as I shifted in my position, wearing a concerned expression.

"Peter, I think the vampires are back. One already took my sister away from me, and now they wanna take my town too, what the fuck am I supposed to do?!" she exclaims as she bursts into tears crying. As I pout my eyes and face, I hug and cuddle her tight, she slowly began to wipe her tears.