Chapter two-"When the beat drops"

At the end of the stressful week, on an extremely pleasant Friday evening, Veronica lodge would be hosting a party at one of her many guest-houses. As the music was loud, and each beat set the ground on an extremely dense vibration. Peter, Ned, and Jughead pull up in May's car outside Veronica's guest house. "House party in the suburbs! I remember these!" May exclaims as she looks at the boys. Jughead bites off a piece of beef jerky as he says with a slight smile, "Yeah well, it's gonna be a night to remember!". He smiles and exchanges a side-eye look with Peter. Peter slowly shakes his head as May wears a wide smile.

"You got that right Jughead! Hey, I hoped to see Stiles and Scott along with you guys today!"

"They're walking, Aunt May. They um...they have some stuff they wanted to talk about." Peter scratches his forehead nervously.

"Alright then! See you guys later! Go have fun!"

"Thanks for the ride, May!" Jug exclaims as the three of them step out of the car and wait at the front porch. "You guys said he's gonna come! Then where is he?" Ned asks. A few moments later, Steve pulls up at the house and gets out of the car holding a bouquet of flowers. He walks up to the group and stands with them.

"Dude, what the hell is that?" Ned asks with a look of confusion.

Steve shrugs and cringes."It's called a bouquet! Are you stupid?".

Ned crumples his face. "Yeah, I know it's called a bouquet! I mean why do you have it?". Steve tilts his head left and right.

"I think you already know why, Ned!".

Clay walks up to the group and stands with them. "Don't tell me you're thinking of apologizing to her at a high-school party, where every single person can see you?".

Steve pauses for a moment. "You're right, this is stupid," he says as he flicks the bouquet away. "PS. What am I sorry for? She was the one who dumped me outta the blue.". The five walk up to the front door and enter the house.

As the boys enter the house, Peter is amazed by the size of the house, and the number of people present at the party. The boys see Justin and Archie hanging with the bulldogs, as Veronica walks up to Peter and the group, wearing a smile. "Well well well. Peter Parker at a high-school party, this surely is a rare sight to see,".

"Hey, Ronnie, Happy Birthday," He replies with a smile as they share a small hug.

The boys in the group all wish Veronica and head on to the party. As Steve walks along, He suppresses his lips and wishes her Happy Birthday. Veronica suppresses her lips too and thanks him. "This is so awkward," Ned whispers to Clay, who nods. Steve nods at Veronica and gets to the party. Peter and Jughead walk across the house and meet Betty.

"Hey, guys! You made it!".

"This is uh- some party!" Peter replies as they both laugh. Jughead wears a smile and says, "I'm gonna go find Scott and Stiles, see you guys around.".

They both look at each other with their lips suppressed. "So um.. do you want. drink?" Betty asks him. Peter shifts in his position uncomfortably and widens his eyes a little.

"Just so we're clear, what kind of drinks are we talking about?"

Betty laughs and wears a wide smile, "I'm pretty sure they have Sprite too, Peter.". They laugh and head to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*CROSSED*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Across the room, Steve moves around looking for Jughead and the boys when he gets called over by the Bulldogs.