Chapter Three-"The Red Arachnid"

In a town like Riverdale, even on a good day, it's hard to recognize the darkness that's always present amongst the bright light. As for that night in the Sheriff's station, the young men surround the vicious and deadly board game.

"I mean this isn't real. It's some sort of sick prank right?" Justin says as he lets out a nervous scoff. "Tall Boy, The Gargoyle King, he's dead! Damon killed him.".

 Sheriff Stilinski looks up with his eyes slightly widened. "Is there no way he could have...you know, resurrected as a vampire?".

 Archie shakes his head and counters him, "No, he had to have vampire blood in his system. Plus, his heart was ripped out, Sheriff. There's no chance that he could have resurrected after that."

 Jughead shifts in his position uncomfortably and joins the conversation. "So it's a copycat,". Peter shifts his hand from his lips, down to his pockets. 

"Or the real one," he says suspiciously. The group stares at the game in horror as Peter notices Archie uncomfortable and uneasy in his position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*CROSSED*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After their try at an enjoyable weekend and a boring Sunday, the kids wake up on a boring Monday. At Peter's house, Peter and Betty wake up in bed and share a small kiss. They then head out to the living room where they see FP and Jughead at the table eating breakfast and May in the kitchen. "Good morning! You kids hungry?" May says that to the drowsy two as they nod while Jughead and Peter share a slightly concerned glance. As the two take a seat at the table, Jughead and Peter get alarmed by the current newscasting on the television.

"BREAKING NEWS: LAST NIGHT WE SPOTTED A NEW MASKED VIGILANTE ON THE STREETS, TAKING DOWN A GROUP OF GARGOYLE MASKED DRUG DEALERS. HE HAD A RED SKI MASK AND A HOOD COVERING HIS HEAD, WE ALSO SPOTTED A RED SPIDER-MAN LOGO ON HIS TORSO. WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY MEAN? COULD THIS JUST BE A NEW SUIT OF RIVERDALE'S VERY OWN FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD SPIDER-MAN? OR COULD IT BE A NEW PERSON BEHIND THE HERO'S MASK?".

Peter shoots Jughead a confused glance. "Everything ok, guys?" Betty asks with a smile. Peter quickly snaps out of his stare and wears a wide smile. "Yeah. Yeah, of course! Syrup?" he says as he passes Betty a small bottle of syrup. The five sit and eat their breakfast.

Meanwhile, at Archie and Justin's house, Justin enters the room carrying his varsity jacket in one hand and two waffles in his other. He chucks a waffle at Archie who sleeps soundly in his bed. "Andrews! Wake up, your dad made waffles!" he says as he chews a waffle and heads to his side of the bed. Archie cringes his face exhausted as he rubs his eyes and sits on the side of the bed.

"You seem awfully excited today" he squeals as he fully wakes up from his half-infested sleep. "Of course! It's a new day at school! We're gonna learn new things! We're gonna meet our friends! What more could anyone ask for?" Justin exclaims cheerfully. Archie shakes his head and wears a slight smile. "Well it's either that or, I'm assuming that your rendezvous with a certain raven-haired princess went pretty good,".

Justin smirks and chucks a t-shirt at him which he then wears. "Where'd you get the bruises from?" Justin asks suspiciously as he chews his waffle. Archie looks down at his chest and mid-section and sees a bunch of bruises. "Where'd you get the scratches on your back from?" Archie counters Justin. "Fair enough. You keep your secret and I'll keep mine." Justin responds as nods in a business manner. "Now, come on! We're getting late for school!". Archie scoffs and wears his jacket over his shirt and then the boys head to school.