Chapter Six-"Mind-Slayer"

TRIGGER WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS DESCRIPTIONS OF DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, PANIC ATTACKS, AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES WHICH SOME READERS MAY FIND ALARMING OR DISTURBING. PLEASE READ AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION

GUEST STARRING: PAUL WESLEY AS STEFAN SALVATORE

"Alright, everyone, gather around!" Jughead exclaims near a campfire outside the white wyrm. "We're facing a potential threat. It could be vampires, it could be werewolves, or even worse. Our worst nightmare, Gryphons & Gargoyles, is back for a rematch. But this time, we're gonna be prepared.". A few moments later, Clay pulls up in his car, wearing a serpent jacket, and walks towards the group.

"Sorry, I uh- I got held up," he mutters nervously. "No problem," Jughead continues. "We've got weapons, armor, and gadgets. I'll be assigning each one of you, your own individual tasks. It's time we bring this monster down once and for all. In unity there is strength!".

Clay lowers his gaze, with his face fell. "In unity there is strength!" the serpents chant in unison.

At Peter and Jughead's house, Peter bursts through the front door, panting and faintly catching his breath. As he frantically stumbles through the living room, MJ, May, FP, and Jellybean rise from their seats and eye Peter with furrowed brows.

"Peter?" MJ questions mazily. "What happened, are you okay?" May joins in. Peter continues to stumble towards his room as he throws his jacket and t-shirt off to reveal a profoundly sweaty neck and torso.

"Oh my god, you're sweating like hell!" MJ exclaims, getting frantic in her position. FP strides to the room as Peter ends up tripping to the floor. "Help me get him on the bed," he mutters as MJ puts Peter's arm around her shoulder and FP grabs his legs. As the two of them place Peter on his bed, May and Jellybean stand by the doorway wearing concerned expressions.

"Is Petey gonna be okay?" Jellybean asks worriedly, as May puts her arm around the young teenager. "Of course, sweetie. He just needs some rest.".

Peter's mind had its own haywire, as he hyperventilated. Memories flashing faster than the blink of an eye.

"A man who's known to be responsible and accountable for his actions, that's the kind of man you should be! Listen to me kid, your father lived by a policy, that if you can do good things for other people, then you are more than obligated to do those things. Remember. With great power, comes great responsibility," Uncle Ben implies aggressively in the flashback.

A slightly younger Peter, about 15 years of age, leans against the wall, with tears dwelling in his eyes, as a slightly younger Jughead of the same age stands with his arms crossed, wearing a fallen face.

Letting out a bitter scoff, Peter wipes his tears from his red eyes.

"With great power comes great responsibility, hm? Yeah, well where'd the responsibility go? He didn't think that he should've been responsible enough to live up to his policy? Of course, he didn't, because if he did then I wouldn't be hearing this from you!" Peter roars aggressively, fighting back a few tears while letting some escape his eyes.

"Oh come on, how dare you?".

"How dare I? How dare you?!" Peter roars as the flashback fades and he finds himself hyperventilating as he lays down on his bed. "Get some sleep, kiddo," FP mumbles placing his palm on Peter's forehead. As the man exits the room, a tightly eye-shut Peter pulls his blanket closer to his face.

"Goodnight, Uncle Ben,".