Chapter Eight "Kill the light, Embrace the darkness" - Pt. 2

As the events of the fundraiser are set in motion, a neurotic Clay strides over to the boys' washroom. Apprehensively, he runs a continuous tap, splashing water on his face repeatedly, letting out small gasps at intervals.

As he raises his head to face the mirror, he is met with a wide-smiling, creepy reflection of himself. Startled by this, Clay staggers back from his position. However, the reflection, as a master of its own mind, remains unaffected.

Meanwhile, at the Cooper house. "Betty, what's wrong? Why're you looking at me like that?".

Rolling her eyes, into a hybrid look of anger and anxiety, Betty strides towards the dining table slamming a few papers down. Alice then proceeds to pick them up mazily, identifying them as her blood reports.

"What-What is this?"

Rolling her eyes Betty shakes her head in frustration.

"You know EXACTLY what it is, mom! I got into a little accident and these are my blood reports."

Betty's attention darts toward Alice's breath slowly transitioning into mild hyperventilation.

"My DNA tests. My DNA, and dad's DNA do NOT match! So what're you hiding, mom?" Betty roars, contemptuously.

Rising from her dumbfoundedness, Alice struggles to find words. "The-They must have made a mistake, they- it happens! It happens a lot-".

"Cut the bullshit, mom! Dad is not my REAL father! Sheriff Stilinski is! Stiles TOO knows now! And you're his biological mother?! All these years Stiles grew up thinking his mother was dead! For what? Cuz' you were ashamed of a dirty little secret?? What are you hiding? What have you BEEN hiding for the last 17 years?!".

In a moment of suddenness, the lights went out. In fact, power had gone out in the entire city. Across the street, the flickering light of the street lampost, sheathing Bryce's house soon busts out, as Bryce, Steve, and the other bulldog's eye the lampost, intrigued.

Outside Stiles' house, Jughead darts his head around, as he fails to start the engine of his motorcycle.

At the school, chaos is set in motion, as Archie paces around the school, in an attempt to find the source of the disarray.

A/N: Listen from 1:24

At the field, "Sir! Get your hands away from the cab-" Two police officers are cut off by bolts of lightning sending them flying into their cars.

A sinistral, illuminating Theo rises with a contemptuous smirk facing the crowd of students present at the school. "WHERE IS HE?? WHERE IS SPIDER-MAN!".

Far across the street, Damon fails to start his car as he gingerly makes his way out of the vehicle. He frustratedly pulls his phone out and raises it high above his head. "Great, no fucking signal." He murmurs, slamming his phone down. Grimacing, in an attempt to grasp every single voice that may enter his ear, he catches ahold of the conversation at the school with his vamp-hearing.

"What the fuck is that thing?!"

"I don't know, Elena! Will you please stay calm for a second?!"

Letting out a sigh, Damon resituates himself. "Andrews. He's at the school with whatever the fuck this thing is.". With that thought itself, Damon wasted no time in speeding off in the direction of the school.