Chapter 9

Today was a joyous day, but a joyous day that was unknown to everybody else except for Charming, Max, the king and queen and of course the workers of the castle that had been assigned to help set up the room to make it as comfortable as possible for the arrival of the suitor of the Prince.

All we're eager to see who he had chosen, but not as eager as theh felt the kingdom would be. Even though it had progressed, in terms of people being more accepting on who they were to date, there were a lot of people that could possibly protest at the idea of the Prince marrying a man- people that were still stuck in their traditional views of the monarchy, yet the Queen and King we're happy for their son.

Even if they preferred for him to marry a women so this problem was not as likely to occur, they prioritised his hapiness and after the Queen had informed the King of how their son was acting over the boy, he had given a chuckle and sent out the orders right away for him to be escorted to the castle.

His lovely wife had reminded him just of how the two had acted when they found each other, almost frantic and desperate for the other even after a short period of time. The Prince had been the same, his wife informing him on how he had been pacing the halls over the thought of not seeing him again, but had also done something out of urge and apparently asked the boy to marry him-

That was what had made him chuckle, but he was curious to see what boy had captured his sons attention so much that he had proposed to them on the first night of knowing each other.

He saw that same enthusiasm again when the announcement of a carriage arriving echoed through the halls, his son almost running through the halls to greet their guest. It reminded him of when he was a child, eager to get a taste of candy for the first time and being so hyped up from the sugar rush that they could barely get him to sleep that evening.

"Please welcome, Max," they announced. The Prince was still unsure on his last name, but he supposed it was irrelevant. If he could get him to fall in love with him in such a short period, then he wouldn't have to worry about ever knowing his last name anyway because he would just have his.

The doors opened and the king could see the Prince clenching his fists by his side, almost like he was desperate to control himself from acting in an unlike Prince fashion. Not surprising that him being unable to control his actions was apparently what got him in this situation in the first place.

However, when he saw the way that his sons eyes lit up when they caught sight of Max, Max's eyes doing the same he didn't think that it was anything to worry about. They may have only known each other for a short period of time and they would only have a shot period of time to court before the betrothal, if Max accepted, so he didn't think it was unlikely that they could fall for someone in such a short period, not when he had done the same for his beloved wife.

He bowed infront of the King and Queen, seemingly polite and the king smiled at that. His grin got even wider when he saw him how and place a kiss on his sons hand, smirking slightly as he saw the blush that slightly reddened his cheeks, his mouth going slight agape as he seemed to choke out a cough.

Oh, seeing his son like this was definetly an entertaining sight to watch.

"Welcome, Max. It is a pleasure to welcome you here to our castle. We hope you enjoy your stay and would be happy to get acquainted with you a bit better over your stay here, if it is that you are to be eventually betrothed to our wonderful son. We assure that you two will be spending a lot of time together, after all it is our duty to plan a series of events for you two to do in your courting. However..." he paused, knowing that his son would groan.

"You do have to be chaperoned. Although we are more modern as a kingdom, this is one of the rules we still have in place. It wouldn't surprise me if my son would break them, like he has before, but," his eyes glanced over Max. "You do look like a responsible type and I've always been a good judge of character, so I trust you'll be on your best behaviour."

"Of course, your majesty," he replied and that made the King smile.

"Now I'm sure our son would love to be your personal escort." He grinned at his son, moralising the words for the satisfying grin that he had on his face when his son gave him a soft glare, almost telling him to shut up.

"I will get others to help take your bags, you are situated in the right wing of the house, but a couple of rooms down from the Prince and before you two get any ideas, our room is close so we can hear everything."

Max nodded and his son slightly gulped at the indication of what he meant by that, which again felt like winning.

"Oh dear, please stop teasing them," his wife said, chuckling slightly. "We do hope that you will accompany us for some breakfast in the morning, it will be a perfect chance to get more well acquainted. We will leave you to get settled in for the evening and spend a bit more time with our son, who I'm sure will be happy to give you a tour of the castle. See you then?" She asked, her eyes hopeful.

"Yes, your majesty," he replied and that was it. He was finally in the castle and everything was only just beginning...